DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly/MA2 will have a major update in Q3

As long as DJI does not release the SDK, neither DD or PIX4D will work.

Go for the M2P
I don't suppose anyone has any idea when that might be? I am wondering why it has not already been released for such a great quad.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea when that might be?
Expect the SDK somewhere Q3 2020 - After that, 3rd party developers can work on integrating the Mini or the MA2 in their apps. So, with enough luck, we could expect some working 3rd party apps in September / October 2020.

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
Expect the SDK somewhere Q3 2020 - After that, 3rd party developers can work on integrating the Mini or the MA2 in their apps. So, with enough luck, we could expect some working 3rd party apps in September / October 2020.
That being said, I will accept the MA2 when it arrives and keep it with "Great Expectations." (Pardon the pun). Mapping is my primary use of my Mavic Air (1). Of course, I can start taking great videos as I travel.
NOTE TO EVERYONE: i have received a recommendation from a commercial drone operator friend that the "mavic air 2 is an amazing aircraft fully capable of amazing imagery and video better than all the drones I have right now."

I'm on android and come across it today while having a play with settings.
Just assumed it was always there as not been on that bit before
No it’s not, see my post above. The option is in Fly because the Mini can use it, when you connect to your MA2, the option is not there. I’ve just double (triple checked it). Start the app without connecting to RC, Advanced Gimbal settings are there, connect to the RC ( and MA2) and they are no longer listed.

Reactions: Mel 08
No it’s not, see my post above. The option is in Fly because the Mini can use it, when you connect to your MA2, the option is not there. I’ve just double (triple checked it). Start the app without connecting to RC, Advanced Gimbal settings are there, connect to the RC ( and MA2) and they are no longer listed.
Shucks
And here's me thinking I'd done something technical

Is it possible for DJI to give us a option either Go 4 or Fly App? I know a new set of code has to be written but maybe just maybe DJI enthusiasts may want to fly their Drones with the Go4 app instead.

? You do know your exposure lock is YOU being in manual mode controlling what your exposure is don't you? lol Manual is just that MANUAL. NO need for exposure lock in manual doesn't even make sense. Only for auto modes.
That doesnt seen to be the case. When in Manuel and shooting video at 30fps/ 1/60 shutter, something is adjusting real time. When going into a darker area from a well lit area i can see the the camera bring up the shadows dramatically... i get what you are saying but it happens. When i do the exact same run in auto with it locked it doesnt happen. Exposure seems rock steady then.

Reactions: Joe Foreman
Based on my experience with the DJI MIMO app for their OSMO Mobile 3 Gimble It isn't so much about it taking longer it is more about the variations within the ANDROID versions. Each manufacturer seems to put a bit of their own slant on ANDROID so they don;t share the same cross the board compatibility as the close APPLE environment. I get that, but what I don;t get is that they (DJI) claim that certain phones on ANDROID have compatibility when they actually have significantly less functionality. What I am saying is that if DJI claim compatibility with IPHONE and some ANDROID devices then they should have the same functionality and I really hope that what they have done with regards to the different levels of functionality I see with the MIMO app do not make their way over to the FLY App to the MAVIC AIR 2. I don't want or expect EVERY ANDROID device to work I just want the ones that DJI say are compatible to have the same functionality as the APPLE version. Shouldn't be too much to ask for should it.
The ANDROID issue is important. I use my iPhone and iPad to fly, but I really want a Fly app for my Smart Controller which is ANDROID of course. I hope a fully functional SC version is released soon.

Reactions: TheRock
The DJI Smart Controller internally runs Android though, so I'm sure the updates will come to Android eventually, since DJI is also updating the Smart Controller to work with the Mavic Air 2.
I suspect you have hit the nail on the head. Apple release rolls out quickly because nothing else depends on it. Folks are screaming for the SC update, Android, not needed for the ios release, so the promise of Fly updates mentioned, PLUS also including SC support sometime soon after would be fabulous, and reasonably explains what we are observing.

Reactions: Geekinions
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez