DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 & DJI Fly - massive new features to be released in Q2 2022

SkywalkerFeng

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
This is a rare moment of transparency, not a joke for April 1.

DJI just made an announcement in their official user forum in China, with a massive list of new features planned for Mavic 3 & DJI Fly app, to be released in Q2 2022 and thereafter.

Mavic 3
+ 7X telephoto camera optimization:

• fast switching between main camera and telephoto camera
  • manual exposure control
  • RAW support
+ max fly speed adjustment (tripod mode?)
+ additional flight parameters adjustment (no specifics mentioned)

DJI RC-Pro controller
+ fully customizable control wheel functions (e.g., exposure compensation adjustment)

DJI Fly app
+ attitude ball(?) supports the display of the remote control as the center

DJI also announced additional features planed in future firmware update (after Q2 2022):

Mavic 3:
+ waypoint support
+ focus and metering optimization

DJI Fly app:
+ UI optimization

+ main UI:
  • full-screen mode
  • show extra information (battery voltage, obstacle avoidance status, etc)
+ file naming optimization
+ album download and storage optimization

Original announcement in Chinese:

NextRelease.jpg

Source: 【话题讨论】DJI Fly 体验改进计划阶段公示-产品-大疆社区

Last edited:
Do the pluses and minuses mean "has" and "doesn't have"? It's kind of a weird format to use.

Chris

Edit: the format was fixed and indented, so the bullets make sense now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I'm hoping the Chinese do not indulge in April Fool's pranks . . .

Reactions: MS Coast
I'm hoping the Chinese do not indulge in April Fool's pranks . . .

No it's not a joke.

DJI has been gathering pilot feedback in this particular post, since last November. The post contains a long list of pilot feedbacks that DJI has accepted, and planed for future firmware update. If you have any new feature request, you can also add feedback to this post. This is the most effective way to get your voice heard.

It is unfortunate that DJI is only doing this in their official user forum in China. You can still use Google translate to read the details of their announcement.

The real question is when and how they will fix the issues that currently exist with GPS acquisition and the new issues people are having across the product line with the latest software updates as it relates to crashes, lost connections and flyaway's.

I never had a lost connection issue with my MM2 until the latest release, it's happened several times since the update. Shame on me for keeping my firmware current!

Does the camera/gimbal on the M3 pan left and right like it does on the M2 pro?

No it's not a joke.

DJI has been gathering pilot feedback in this particular post, since last November. The post contains a long list of pilot feedbacks that DJI has accepted, and planed for future firmware update. If you have any new feature request, you can also add feedback to this post. This is the most effective way to get your voice heard.

It is unfortunate that DJI is only doing this in their official user forum in China. You can still use Google translate to read the details of their announcement.
Thank you SkywalkerFeng for this. I guess the best way to cover up a 'dent' in your new car's fender is to install a louder stereo system 😕.

I am truly excited about the list of added features/fixes and enhancements but ignoring the GPS issue or masking it with pretty upgrades is not the answer. This reeks of a puzzle DJI can not solve immediately so they are moving on to simpler fixes and requests . . .

Still . . . with the image coming out of the 4/3 sensor and the proposed 7X camera optimization I'm content (for now) with the GPS issue.

Reactions: SFC117 and Atkas
Okay, I'll say it: several of those items are not future feature enhancements, but are things that should have shipped with the initial product. I get the last minute additions to the tele camera because there's been a lot of feedback on that, but no waypoints? No speed adjustments? No <insert other items that have been on DJI drones for years now and should be on new models just to meet parity feature set>.

Chris

This is an April Dream , DJI likes to implement slow and easy and not the Kitchen Sink , especially when the GPS issue is still sketch for many.

Its a good find , but to much offering to be DJI legit. combine that with April 1 and its a pass for now.

Phantmomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain

Thank you SkywalkerFeng for this. I guess the best way to cover up a 'dent' in your new car's fender is to install a louder stereo system 😕.

I am truly excited about the list of added features/fixes and enhancements but ignoring the GPS issue or masking it with pretty upgrades is not the answer. This reeks of a puzzle DJI can not solve immediately so they are moving on to simpler fixes and requests . . .

Still . . . with the image coming out of the 4/3 sensor and the proposed 7X camera optimization I'm content (for now) with the GPS issue.

With the latest firmware update, I no longer have the slow GPS issue. Now it always record the home point in less than 60 sec.

As a photographer, all I care about is still imaging capability. If the next firmware update adds RAW support and manual exposure control to the telephoto camera, then I have no more complaints.

Not sure why the GPS fix did not work for some folks. Maybe time to file a complaint to DJI support, and demand a replacement?

Guess we now know why DJI apparently cancelled global release of RC Pro bundle:
Users in China didn't need global availability when asked.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Must be an April fools joke or this features will only be released to their Chinese client base just like the RC-PRO FMC and the 4G Dongle which is only available in China. The rest of their customers like us are floor wipes and pocket change. Sorry, just all these false promises by Dji are just that, False

Yes making the 4G dongle work for the Asian market only was a massive negative for me, such an expensive upgrade for it not to work overseas, making this a big priority is a ++ and really needs to be addressed.

Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi