DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 Firmware Released (05/31/2022)

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Overview:
  • Date: 2022.05.31
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0700
  • RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.0600
  • DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0700
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.4
What’s New?
  • Added switch to the tele camera in photo mode, includes single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
  • Added switch to the tele camera in video mode, supports 4K@25/30/50fps, 1080p@25/30/50fps format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
  • Added HLG for the Hasselblad camera.
  • Added 1080p/200fps to Slow Motion when using the Hasselblad camera.
  • Added HLG and D-Log to shoot MasterShots and QuickShots (not including Asteroid).
  • Digital zoom reaches up to 3x in normal video mode when using the Hasselblad camera.
  • Added support to FocusTrack, QuickShots (not including Asteroid), MasterShots, and Hyperlapse for the aircraft when the Wide-Angle Lens is mounted.
  • Added ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT format to the Hasselblad camera of Mavic 3 Cine.
  • Added one-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse on Mavic 3 Cine.
  • Added DJI Mavic 3 D-Log to Rec.709 vivid LUT, providing a more vivid color effect. Download the LUT via Mavic 3 - Downloads - DJI.
  • Added Nifty option for Bypassing when using APAS 5.0. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
  • Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
  • Added support for Japanese RID requirements.
  • Increased Home Point refresh rate.
  • Optimized the focus performance when recording with the tele camera.
  • Optimized the stability of the aircraft when shooting a Hyperlapse.
  • Fixed issue: unable to use Hyperlapse when flying near a Flight Altitude Limit Zone.
DJI RC Pro:
  • Added more custom functions for buttons and dials. Refer to the onscreen Tips for details.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.
Notes:
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.6.4 or later.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Reactions: zeusfl
image.jpg

Now to wait to see if GPS acquisition times improved...
I guess we will not know after a real cold boot, most likely tomorrow. I am charging batteries right now to test in a few hours. All updates are already done.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Installed this morning on my M3C and have been testing the past few hours. A few takeaways thus far:

- this is how the machine should have been shipped.
- some nice, significant improvements.
- GPS acquisition seems good/normal. Only time will really tell here after a few weeks of use and some deep, cold starts.
- love the ability to use the right wheel on the RCP for aperture.
- still need 200, 1200 and 1600 options for ISO in DLog.
- still need a braking adjustment for each flight mode. Has anyone found this? I thought it had been mentioned by some of the beta testers.
- still need a gimbal roll adjustment.
- still need a lot of things, actually. But this update gets it to a good, baseline level.
- still impressed by the overall dynamic range of the ProRes capture in 5.1K. It's not an Alexa but it really does handle high contrast situations pretty well for a sensor and drone this size.

anyone else with the RC Pro with an issue where 'outdoor mode' isn't available ??.. I even refreshed update using then DJI assistant but still nothing.. also the zoom wheel doesn't zoom in photos lol

Installed this morning on my M3C and have been testing the past few hours. A few takeaways thus far:

- this is how the machine should have been shipped.
- some nice, significant improvements.
- GPS acquisition seems good/normal. Only time will really tell here after a few weeks of use and some deep, cold starts.
- love the ability to use the right wheel on the RCP for aperture.
- still need 200, 1200 and 1600 options for ISO in DLog.
- still need a braking adjustment for each flight mode. Has anyone found this? I thought it had been mentioned by some of the beta testers.
- still need a gimbal roll adjustment.
- still need a lot of things, actually. But this update gets it to a good, baseline level.
- still impressed by the overall dynamic range of the ProRes capture in 5.1K. It's not an Alexa but it really does handle high contrast situations pretty well for a sensor and drone this size.
You stated that GPS lock times seem normal. What’s normal? As fast as DJI drones used to be before the Mavic 3 or the same since last firmware update?

It took 1 minute 20 seconds for me in a new location in lake. Normal time (slow) for the Mavic 3.

The HLG is mind blowing. Really good job.

Reactions: kodiak and Cosmo0g
You stated that GPS lock times seem normal. What’s normal? As fast as DJI drones used to be before the Mavic 3 or the same since last firmware update?

Today I was averaging 10 to 12 sats within a minute of power up. Even though they were warm starts that's still better than what I was getting previously. 12 sats in a minute is what I'm considering normal. It's not mind blowing by any means but almost on par with my matrice and I2's.

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
Finally a use for the tele lens! Loving this update, just playing around with the RC Pro settings. It's great that you can set ProRes to standard 422 or even 422LT - HQ was a bit overkill for general stuff.

DJI_0443.jpg
Standard lens

DJI_0444-Pano-Edit.jpg
Tele lens (three photo pano stitched in Lightroom

GPS lock with 14 satellites took around 30 seconds from cold. Now if they would fix the panorama mode so that it will carry on shooting if it's a bit windy (they maybe have, not much wind today).

Great stuff DJI!

Today I was averaging 10 to 12 sats within a minute of power up. Even though they were warm starts that's still better than what I was getting previously. 12 sats in a minute is what I'm considering normal. It's not mind blowing by any means but almost on par with my matrice and I2's.
Awesome good to hear! I’m still waiting on more input from the communities I engage with so it sounds as if there has been some sort of improvement. Just weird that DJI isn’t chiming in about it (or putting it in the firmware notes), since they told us the fix should be ready two months ago and within two months.

On the rc pro there’s meant to be “outdoor mode” where it increases the brightness

Billy Kyle mentions it. But didn’t appear when I updated :)
Dumb question but isn’t the screen at 1000 nits when maxing out the brightness anyways? What would Outdoor mode do that you can’t already do by maxing out that brightness, or is it just a quick button to max?

DJI RC Pro:
  • Added more custom functions for buttons and dials. Refer to the onscreen Tips for details.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Going to be a bit before I can get my hands on my RC-Pro. Anyone who has used it since the upgrade, could you describe the changes, please? Particularly those which apply to the A2S.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne