DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 firmware 1.00.0900 released

Hopefully, they fixed the magenta issue in the DNG file, typically late evening skies and shades of pink to purple. Installed, will test tomorrow (hope the weather will be OK).

Reactions: flyliedutch
Did the firmware updates on both RC Pro and M3, this morning did IMU calibration.
While connected got a home lock while inside in my kitchen 14 satellites. Took in in back yard (in Chicago- fairly dense urban environment) did some prelim testing low in yard, then up to 400' and off about 1/2 mile & back. No issues whatsoever. Flew like a champ even though strong winds.

I'll be taking it out later to test the other functions.

RID is active. It has been a feature available to toggle on or off for MONTHS. I simply won't be turning mine on unyil I'm legally forced to.
However the FW to support it was just released, and the toggle to turn it off was simultaneously removed, wasn't it? Please clarify.

Are you suggesting that under the latest anti-rollback RID FW update that you can still toggle RID off? If so, that would be great news!

They are, depending on which part of the world you're located.
Yes, the European C1 compliance changes to the front lights and the Auxiliary Light appear to be location specific. They were not made to those flying in the U.S.. We got Remore ID instead!

I have an A2S and a RC pro. The option to change the Aux light is still there under the Safety tab. But, I've never seen an option to change the led lights on the arms of the drone.
Good. Confirms the C1 compliance changes were specifically limted to Europe.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Well... for what it's worth, DJI has just confirmed to me that the European users can indeed no longer operate their Aux lamp and front lamps because of the C1 quality mark. I have demanded that I want this option back because this was not communicated in advance in the release notes. It has now been escalated to the technical department. I hope so. All things are not necessary for now because the C1 is not activate yet

Well... for what it's worth, DJI has just confirmed to me that the European users can indeed no longer operate their Aux lamp and front lamps because of the C1 quality mark. I have demanded that I want this option back because this was not communicated in advance in the release notes. It has now been escalated to the technical department. I hope so. All things are not necessary for now because the C1 is not activate yet
Neither is RID in the United States until September 16, 2023, but DJI doesn't seem to care that they are forcing us into being "early adopters" against our will, in order to be on their most recent FW!

Last edited:
Reactions: rgarjr and Darkabaz
Hopefully, they fixed the magenta issue in the DNG file, typically late evening skies and shades of pink to purple. Installed, will test tomorrow (hope the weather will be OK).
Just following up to know if you found any Magenta fix? Im surprised there's not much talk about this color problem. Maybe most people like god aweful, toxic magenta sunsets. lol.

Just following up to know if you found any Magenta fix? Im surprised there's not much talk about this color problem. Maybe most people like god aweful, toxic magenta sunsets. lol.
What magenta cast? I have not noticed any but even if it was one it usually can be dealt with in any video or photo editing software.

The new cruise control is not only in a forward direction. It will cruise in whatever direction the drone is currently flying, including maintaining the current ascension along a path. Could easily be used to corkscrew up and around an object at a fixed speed!
yep tried this out Took a couple of attempts to set it right, but with practice it is a great feature

Reactions: GadgetGuy
RID is active. It has been a feature available to toggle on or off for MONTHS. I simply won't be turning mine on unyil I'm legally forced to.
However the FW to support it was just released, and the toggle to turn it off was simultaneously removed, wasn't it? Please clarify.

Can anyone confirm that under the latest anti-rollback RID FW update that you can still toggle RID off in the United States? If so, that would be great news! However, I suspect that is highly unlikely, based upon the video in the post below!

Last edited:

I did not upgrade my firmware yet (because it's not downgradable).
But there is a topic about the magenta issues (started by myself): link
Let me know if the firmware fixes this issue.

I have updated Mavic3 and RC pro to the latest version since November. in the flight test I have freezing images on the rc pro and interruptions. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could fix this? Thanks ! I also did a refresh through assistant 2 and imu calibration and it's the same.

HI folks, I just installed the new features, and they are working just fine. I will be checking the night feature tonight. As far as remote id, it is not active yet, as far as tracking. I updated all my drones with the remote id software released in the recent updates and I tried it with drone tracker, and nothing is showing in the app. I also tried two other drone tracking apps and nothing. In my opinion, if one holds a part 107 license, compliance is the only right thing to do. I always check all data before flying to avoid any confrontation, local laws, etc., and when flying solo in a remote area, Smith and Wesson is my VO. Remote id will be a pain for film makers, I do not think it is going to affect responsible remote pilots, this if just my opinion. One way to look at it is, only drone pilots know about remote id and only a handful of the none drone owners' population know about it, unless you work for TSA etc.
I need to update my comment, RID is on and trasmitting. See video

• Wow
Leave it to DJI to unilaterally move up the FAA September 16, 2023 RID pilot compliance date to November 2, 2022, and now turn us all into RID guinea pigs with targets on our backs, no matter how legally we are flying, whenever we fly with DJI equipment! Thanks DJI! :rolleyes: Couldn't you just have given Petco Park in San Diego an Aeroscope unit instead in the interim?

Submitted for your amusement, a Remote ID Error. It happened a few times during flight -- don't know why, but I didn't lose control while the error was present.

IMG_0613.PNG

Submitted for your amusement, a Remote ID Error. It happened a few times during flight -- don't know why, but I didn't lose control while the error was present.

View attachment 156959
I keep getting the same error every time I fired up my birds. I tested the app today and it keeps going off and on, but it does work and displays all the drone info required by FAA. I even went 400ft AGL and it took a while, but it was reading, it needs work. I am pretty sure developers are on top of this since currently, this is the only apps that reads, and the info is pretty accurate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan