msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
New firmware has been released for the Mavic 3. Here are the notable changes:
  • Added Night mode in recording mode (supports 4K 30fps and ISO 800 to 12800)
  • Added Output Quality settings for Hyperlapse
  • Added ISO 1600 for D-Log
  • Added Spotlight and POI when using tele camera
  • Added Cruise Control
  • Added Gain and Expo Tuning
  • Added support for EU C1 certification
  • Added support for RID in the United States
  • Fixed abnormal colors in DNG photos
  • Added ability to close the prompt by using C1 and C2 button after the Low Battery RTH prompts
  • Added support for DJI Mavic 3 Classic
The full list of changes are available in the Mavic 3 release notes on the Mavic 3 downloads page.

• Added Cruise Control
  • Added ability to close the prompt by using C1 and C2 button after the Low Battery RTH prompts
The full list of changes are available in the Mavic 3 release notes on the Mavic 3 downloads page.
Cruise Control! For my Mavic 3!

Interesting new features.

But doubt that Night Mode is anything like night modes on iPhones or Pixel phones.

Wow EU C1 certification and RID for the US.

Those are a bit under the radar.

Interesting new features.

But doubt that Night Mode is anything like night modes on iPhones or Pixel phones.

Wow EU C1 certification and RID for the US.

Those are a bit under the radar.
They announced the features last month and it was posted as news articles here as well.=, given the rumours were wrongly claiming DJI were abandoning the Mavic 3 in favour of the 3S (which wasn't released as predicted) it's good to see DJI are making big improvements to the Mavic 3 for it to last longer.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I guess with these few comments, it's so early we don't have any members here that have applied the update? I'm assuming its fine and want to do it this second..lol.

Also, I would like to clarify that any RID apps that say they be used by just anyone outside of Federal or even local Govt law enforcement is complete nonsense..? I could care less about "official" law enforcement having that info but certainly not Karens and other busy bodies...

Also, I would like to clarify that any RID apps that say they be used by just anyone outside of Federal or even local Govt law enforcement is complete nonsense..? I could care less about "official" law enforcement having that info but certainly not Karens and other busy bodies...
Is that a question or a statement?

I, too, would like clarification of exactly what "Added support for RID in the U.S." means.

1. Does "adding support for it" immediately start broadcasting it?
2. Does the user currently still have control over the broadcasting of RID in the app with a toggle?
3. Who currently can access RID, and by what means?
4. Is this only in preparation for October 23, 2023 when it becomes mandatory next year, but in the mean time, the broadcasting of it is off, or at least can be turned off?

Is that a question or a statement?

I, too, would like clarification of exactly what "Added support for RID in the U.S." means.

1. Does "adding support for it" immediately start broadcasting it?
2. Does the user currently still have control over the broadcasting of RID in the app with a toggle?
3. Who currently can access RID, and by what means?
4. Is this only in preparation for October 23, 2023 when it becomes mandatory next year, but in the mean time, the broadcasting of it is off, or at least can be turned off?
lol. Its a question, definitely. I read somewhere on this site that these apps that claim to be able to use RID are just flat out not true. I'm assuming this is only for legitimate law enforcement. Namely, the Federal Govt here in the USA.

Now that I've opened the can of worms up and you've laid these other issues out, I'm super duper concerned. grrr...

Reactions: GadgetGuy
First test with new FW, its good.
But i still dont understand why not put some extra options on it.
The Mini 3 now has sharpness rule and the mavic 3 still dont have a simple option like that. There is almost no option to set options in case of image quality. (Brightness contrast and so on)
And also why would they not put 2.7K resolution in video mode? The step between 1080 and 4k is too large. A little bit disappointed because of some computers are not that fast to edit 4k video's.
The option to put auxilairy (landing) light on/off is also gone if i see right?

Last edited:
HI folks, I just installed the new features, and they are working just fine. I will be checking the night feature tonight. As far as remote id, it is not active yet, as far as tracking. I updated all my drones with the remote id software released in the recent updates and I tried it with drone tracker, and nothing is showing in the app. I also tried two other drone tracking apps and nothing. In my opinion, if one holds a part 107 license, compliance is the only right thing to do. I always check all data before flying to avoid any confrontation, local laws, etc., and when flying solo in a remote area, Smith and Wesson is my VO. Remote id will be a pain for film makers, I do not think it is going to affect responsible remote pilots, this if just my opinion. One way to look at it is, only drone pilots know about remote id and only a handful of the none drone owners' population know about it, unless you work for TSA etc.

• Love
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
HI folks, I just installed the new features, and they are working just fine. I will be checking the night feature tonight. As far as remote id, it is not active yet, as far as tracking. I updated all my drones with the remote id software released in the recent updates and I tried it with drone tracker, and nothing is showing in the app. I also tried two other drone tracking apps and nothing. In my opinion, if one holds a part 107 license, compliance is the only right thing to do. I always check all data before flying to avoid any confrontation, local laws, etc., and when flying solo in a remote area, Smith and Wesson is my VO. Remote id will be a pain for film makers, I do not think it is going to affect responsible remote pilots, this if just my opinion. One way to look at it is, only drone pilots know about remote id and only a handful of the none drone owners' population know about it, unless you work for TSA etc.
Thats what I figured.

I just updated. It was a flawless process. I can't find the "new features" anywhere in the settings but I haven't been in the air yet. I'm just sitting here in front of my pc and made the update inside the house.

One of the new cool features is that you will be able to control the beast as far as breaking, because the excessive jerking, in my case, never affected the footage anyways

Thats what I figured.

I just updated. It was a flawless process. I can't find the "new features" anywhere in the settings but I haven't been in the air yet. I'm just sitting here in front of my pc and made the update inside the house.
If you own an RC PRO, in order for the cruise control to take effect, you need to assign a new button to it. Go to the assign button section and when you choose which button to assign, it will appear as an option. It is the same for all controllers, just go the button customization, I just tried it in all my controllers.

If you own an RC PRO, in order for the cruise control to take effect, you need to assign a new button to it. Go to the assign button section and when you choose which button to assign, it will appear as an option.
I have the rcn1. grr

Reactions: Dave Maine

• Added Cruise Control
I can't see the release notes on the link provided. Can you point me to the right direction, link??

That's a huge bribe to get us to enable RID!
Tempting!
I already downloaded and installed the 408MB firmware (402MB for Mavic, + 6MB for controller).
(RC-N1) Cruise control operates off you FN button, which now has a drop-down of many other features instead of the Aux lite/Map toggle like before. For single AND double tap choices both. Can choose from a good list of FN single /double tap option like for changing the 1X and 7X, EV and several more. Keep scrolling lower in the drop-down. Max speed setting addition also.
They reset my RTH height to 300ft with the firmware. (Was at 200ft so that’s cool and okay).
Several mode and camera changes. I will just go through everything at hover in front of me before flying off.
👊🏼 Seems all good so far.

First test with new FW, its good.
But i still dont understand why not put some extra options on it.
The Mini 3 now has sharpness rule and the mavic 3 still dont have a simple option like that. There is almost no option to set options in case of image quality. (Brightness contrast and so on)
And also why would they not put 2.7K resolution in video mode? The step between 1080 and 4k is too large. A little bit disappointed because of some computers are not that fast to edit 4k video's.
The option to put auxilairy (landing) light on/off is also gone if i see right?
Is there a toggle for Remote ID broadcasting that can still be turned on and off, or is it already broadcasting? Just because the apps can't yet detect it doesn't mean it isn't already broadcasting.

I sure hope we can still turn the auxiliary landing lights on and off manuallly! If they suddenly come on while landing after dark, you are immediately night blinded while trying to hand-catch. They are also useful for finding the drone in the sky, while flying it back manually over the last 200 feet, especially after dark.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Is there a toggle for Remote ID broadcasting that can still be turned on and off, or is it already broadcasting? Just because the apps can't yet detect it doesn't mean it isn't already broadcasting.

I sure hope we can still turn the auxiliary landing lights on and off manuallly! If they suddenly come on while landing after dark, you are immediately night blinded while trying to hand-catch. They are also useful for finding the drone in the sky, while flying it back manually over the last 200 feet, especially after dark.
Remote id is not broadcasting yet. I tried 3 different apps and it is still dormant.

Reactions: Cosmo0g
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi