DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 firmware 1.00.0900 released

Is there a toggle for Remote ID broadcasting that can still be turned on and off, or is it already broadcasting? Just because the apps can't yet detect it doesn't mean it isn't already broadcasting.

I sure hope we can still turn the auxiliary landing lights on and off manuallly! If they suddenly come on while landing after dark, you are immediately night blinded while trying to hand-catch. They are also useful for finding the drone in the sky, while flying it back manually over the last 200 feet, especially after dark.
Auxiliary lights still working fine manually, just checked!!!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Is there a toggle for Remote ID broadcasting that can still be turned on and off, or is it already broadcasting? Just because the apps can't yet detect it doesn't mean it isn't already broadcasting.

I sure hope we can still turn the auxiliary landing lights on and off manuallly! If they suddenly come on while landing after dark, you are immediately night blinded while trying to hand-catch. They are also useful for finding the drone in the sky, while flying it back manually over the last 200 feet, especially after dark.
I already downloaded and installed the 408MB firmware (402MB for Mavic, + 6MB for controller).
Yes the RID appears to be on and functioning. Shows a red bar at top about RID until it all links and shows it is on and operational then the red bar goes away.
Still digging more into that and all the other functions.

• Wow
Remote id is not broadcasting yet. I tried 3 different apps and it is still dormant.
Tested RID apps to receive signal while you were up in flight with it?

I already downloaded and installed the 408MB firmware (402MB for Mavic, + 6MB for controller).
Yes the RID appears to be on and functioning. Shows a red bar at top about RID until it all links and shows it is on and operational then the red bar goes away.
Still digging more into that and all the other functions.
No toggle to turn it off anywhere? Given that RID is not mandated until a year from now in the U.S., it should currently be optional. It seems overzealous of DJI to make it mandatory now, just like when they made their GEO mandatory, after reassuring everyone that it was optional through a toggle, until they removed the toggle!

Reactions: rgarjr
Where is that option? I cannot assign buttons to the aux light on RC pro....
Also for front LEDs, there are no options to put it on or off
On fly screen, hit 3 dots upper right.
“Controller” tab click there.
Scroll down to see aux. button settings. Can adjust both there.
Also hit the first “safety” tab to check all other functions .

Reactions: HarryG
Thats a roger, put drones up in the air and none of them are broadcasting yet!!
Hmmm. Some of the tech dudes on Forum should be on tonight to discuss and figure more out.
First 24 hours a major FW like this millions of people will be going through it and getting answers.

On fly screen, hit 3 dots upper right.
“Controller” tab click there.
Scroll down to see aux. button settings. Can adjust both there.
Also hit the first “safety” tab to check all other functions .
My apologies for the late response, I just came back from a test fly. KI5RLL just hit the nail in the head.

Reactions: KI5RLL
Hmmm. Some of the tech dudes on Forum should be on tonight to discuss and figure more out.
First 24 hours a major FW like this millions of people will be going through it and getting answers.
I flew my Mavic 3, air 2s and mini 3, none of them are broadcasting. I use three different apps. Dji inserted the software in the updates, but they are dormant since the official date has not arrived. It is not in their best interest to acitvate it, they will get in all kinds of legal battles.

I flew my Mavic 3, air 2s and mini 3, none of them are broadcasting. I use three different apps. Dji inserted the software in the updates, but they are dormant since the official date has not arrived. It is not in their best interest to acitvate it, they will get in all kinds of legal battles.
Yes very true. Seems it will sit and wail till 9-23-23. Gives time for everyone to get it installed, work out bugs and compatibility issues and more. So people won’t say it came up on them too fast.

No toggle to turn it off anywhere? Given that RID is not mandated until a year from now in the U.S., it should currently be optional. It seems overzealous of DJI to make it mandatory now, just like when they made their GEO mandatory, after reassuring everyone that it was optional through a toggle, until they removed the toggle!
Shows no option for off/on. Appears it may sit dormant until 9-23-23 FAA mandated operational. Gives us all time to install, work out bugs and compatibility, and be ready at “midnight” then etc. And harder for anyone to say it came up on them too fast to be compliant.

“Hyperlapse Cruise Control.”

Need to go into ••• in upper right fly screen.
Then “Controller” tab.
Scroll down to the FN buttons settings. ((Aux LED/Map toggle was old default settings).
Fix it for either single-click goes to cruise control or double-click does.
Now multiple options to choose for that FN button.
Fly off, get a speed you want, tap that FN button to get into that “hyperlapse cruise control” control screen in flight to set it.

Shows no option for off/on. Appears it may sit dormant until 9-23-23 FAA mandated operational. Gives us all time to install, work out bugs and compatibility, and be ready at “midnight” then etc. And harder for anyone to say it came up on them too fast to be compliant.
Sounds like the way "optional" GEO was first introduced. However, someone already reported it was working. Need confirmation from others. Hopefully, it is only a Trojan horse with that future activation date. Another year would certainly make it worthwhile to upgrade to use all those new features and upgrades in the interim!

The new cruise control is not only in a forward direction. It will cruise in whatever direction the drone is currently flying, including maintaining the current ascension along a path. Could easily be used to corkscrew up and around an object at a fixed speed!

Haven't tried cruise control yet, have to assign C2 button for it. Remote id error keeps popping up though which is annoying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson