DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 firmware 1.00.0900 released

They announced the features last month and it was posted as news articles here as well.=, given the rumours were wrongly claiming DJI were abandoning the Mavic 3 in favour of the 3S (which wasn't released as predicted) it's good to see DJI are making big improvements to the Mavic 3 for it to last longer.
Who would actually believe that rumor? .

HI folks, I just installed the new features, and they are working just fine. I will be checking the night feature tonight. As far as remote id, it is not active yet, as far as tracking. I updated all my drones with the remote id software released in the recent updates and I tried it with drone tracker, and nothing is showing in the app. I also tried two other drone tracking apps and nothing. In my opinion, if one holds a part 107 license, compliance is the only right thing to do. I always check all data before flying to avoid any confrontation, local laws, etc., and when flying solo in a remote area, Smith and Wesson is my VO. Remote id will be a pain for film makers, I do not think it is going to affect responsible remote pilots, this if just my opinion. One way to look at it is, only drone pilots know about remote id and only a handful of the none drone owners' population know about it, unless you work for TSA etc.
RID is active. It has been a feature available to toggle on or off for MONTHS. I simply won't be turning mine on unyil I'm legally forced to.

Reactions: KS-6
Is there a toggle for Remote ID broadcasting that can still be turned on and off, or is it already broadcasting? Just because the apps can't yet detect it doesn't mean it isn't already broadcasting.

I sure hope we can still turn the auxiliary landing lights on and off manuallly! If they suddenly come on while landing after dark, you are immediately night blinded while trying to hand-catch. They are also useful for finding the drone in the sky, while flying it back manually over the last 200 feet, especially after dark.
Exactly it IS broadcasting, ALWAYs HAS BEEN. Folks should be joining a local club, taking the tests and getting certified etc. If they did they would know this. It simply makes you a better and more informed drone pilot

It's because the majority of drone owners don't further their education that we have these new mandatory regulations coming into place do to stupid pilots.

Haven't tried cruise control yet, have to assign C2 button for it. Remote id error keeps popping up though which is annoying.
What exactly is that error message?

I could not find any options to change parameters for Auxilairy light, front led's put off for filming in night. I am on RC Pro FW version .1100. On .1000 i got both options under 'safety' and below the battery information. Now, both options are gone.

Where else could i found both options?
Isn't that a setting in the camera controls? Auto turn off LEDs when filming or taking a photo?
My RC pro & batteries are charging at the moment after doing the updates & trying to learn the controls on the RC Pro - as soon as things are back up I will look for that.

Just ran the FirmWare update on my Mavic 3 and it installed flawlessly in about 10 minutes. I assigned Cruise Control to the left C Button on the back of my DJI RC. Now to go outside and test it.

Just ran the FirmWare update on my Mavic 3 and it installed flawlessly in about 10 minutes. I assigned Cruise Control to the left C Button on the back of my DJI RC. Now to go outside and test it.
Dan- see if you are able to set those front lights off during filming or stills...

Dan- see if you are able to set those front lights off during filming or stills...
Yes I can set them so they are always on or turn off automatically when taking video or still shots. Just tap on the Safety tab, scroll down to "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" and there will be two buttons. one is On (all the time) and the other is Auto (turns off lights when filming). I am using the DJI RC so I am not sure how to set them if using the Pro model controller.

Yes I can set them so they are always on or turn off automatically when taking video or still shots. Just tap on the Safety tab, scroll down to "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" and there will be two buttons. one is On (all the time) and the other is Auto (turns off lights when filming). I am using the DJI RC so I am not sure how to set them if using the Pro model controller.
What I thought. Somebody earlier in this thread thought the controls were taken away with this update.
cool...

I literally just got my M3 yesterday and have not been able to fly yet. Gusting up to 50mph in Chicago today.
Think I'll wait until tomorrow....
But I'm all up to date on Firmware and trying to learn where everything is in the Fly app & RC Pro. Theres a lot.

Hey folks, I really like the new Cruise Control on the Mavic 3. Check it out here. Thank you!

Great video, thanks for sharing. One question. Does the obstacle avoidance system work in conjunction with Cruise Control? Like when I set ths OAS to stop, will the drone stop before hitting a wall when under cruise control flying forward? Or if set to by pass, will it find a way (around a tree for example) and keep flying forward?

Reactions: Chris Mitchell
Great video, thanks for sharing. One question. Does the obstacle avoidance system work in conjunction with Cruise Control? Like when I set ths OAS to stop, will the drone stop before hitting a wall when under cruise control flying forward? Or if set to by pass, will it find a way (around a tree for example) and keep flying forward?
Thank you watching! While flying in Normal Mode with Cruise Control engaged I noticed that the Vision System Staus ICON on the screen was white (not red) indicating that obstacle clearance was operating normally. So based on that I would say that obstacle clearance does work while cruise control is engaged. In any case its a good question and thanks for asking!

I love everything about the update EXCEPT it appears to have impact my connection between the M3 and the RC Pro. I flew from the exact same spot that I fly very often on Friday morning before the update and then yesterday morning. Lost connection quite frequently. Not sure if there's something I can reset (other than the entire M3) that will refresh any of the radios.

Does someone have a Air 2S connected with the RC Pro on FW .1100? I Want to know if the Auxiliary LED light and front LEDs are still possible to change in the Air 2S. With the Mavic 3 both options are gone.
I have an A2S and a RC pro. The option to change the Aux light is still there under the Safety tab. But, I've never seen an option to change the led lights on the arms of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78