DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Max Altitude

Jw89

Reactions
Evening all,

I've set the max altitude on the Fly app to 120m as is legal in the UK however I've got the issue that it obviously takes that reading from where it starts and not where the drone us currently located. As a result if I start off from a vantage point I have to drop it down to what I suspect to be 120m in the valleys and if I start low down I sometimes can't even make it over hills as the drone tops out. What are others doing to combat this? Are you gauging the height of various locations as you fly along?

I just watch the altitude monitor on the screen. Set the max as high as it will go.

Reactions: Droniac
I just watch the altitude monitor on the screen. Set the max as high as it will go.
It only gives the reading from the original point. So if I fly up a hill it will still read 120 even though it is a lot lower down I'm relation to the hill. I'll look on settings to see if I can change it.

Reactions: Droniac
It only gives the reading from the original point. So if I fly up a hill it will still read 120 even though it is a lot lower down I'm relation to the hill. I'll look on settings to see if I can change it.
It reads what it reads.... the barometric altitude relative to TO point. Unchangeable. Know the regional topography.

if you wish to fly higher than the 400ft geofenced setting such as from a valley location ,then you need to reset the home point as you go up the mountain ,but be aware that if it does a RTH it will be that point that it returns to,so as you come back then the same thing applies so do a reset on the return journey as well ,or you can start off at a point a few hundred feet up the mountain ,just be very careful not to go over the peak as you will loose connection with your drone, and be aware of changing wind speeds and direction when flying in mountainous terrain ,the 400 ft refers to the distance that the drone is above the ground where the drone is during flight

Reactions: Thomas B
It reads what it reads.... the barometric allied relative to TO point. Unchangeable. Know the regional topography.
That's what I'm saying. So people just generally gauge the height as they go along. Cherrs
if you wish to fly higher than the 400ft geofenced setting such as from a valley location ,then you need to reset the home point as you go up the mountain ,but be aware that if it does a RTH it will be that point that it returns to,so as you come back then the same thing applies so do a reset on the return journey as well ,or you can start off at a point a few hundred feet up the mountain ,just be very careful not to go over the peak as you will loose connection with your drone, and be aware of changing wind speeds and direction when flying in mountainous terrain ,the 400 ft refers to the distance that the drone is above the ground where the drone is during flight
That makes sense, thanks! I'll keep all that in mind.

Reactions: old man mavic
if you wish to fly higher than the 400ft geofenced setting such as from a valley location ,then you need to reset the home point as you go up the mountain ...
This is confused and confusing information.
There is no geofenced 400 setting.
There is a user-configurable Max Altitude Limit which by default is set to 400 ft.
But the user can adjust that to any height up to 500 metres and fly accordingly.

Reactions: hiflyer201
what you describe will enable the drone to fly higher than the 400 ft setting, to the maximum 1,646 ft height from the take off point, that is programmed into the drone ,i had forgotten to mention that ,my mistake

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada