DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly

alanj49

Reactions
I was out yesterday evening ‘exercising’ my batteries on the MA2, and over the 2 hour period the DJI Fly app crashed back to desktop on my iPad Mini 5 a total of 5 times. In addition to that when the drone connected to the app on the ground it told me that the GPS position had been updated, and when I took off to do the safety checks it updated the GPS position again, away from the take off point. Is all this ‘normal’?

It is the latest version 1.1.9 which was supposed to be more stable

I can only relay what happened to me, it was the first time that I had those problems, fortunately most of the time when the app crashed I was doing some close up manouvering practice and the drone was in visual range. It did reconnect straight away when I restarted the app. With the GPS positioning it would be why it would not land back at the take off point.

I can only relay what happened to me, it was the first time that I had those problems, fortunately most of the time when the app crashed I was doing some close up manouvering practice and the drone was in visual range. It did reconnect straight away when I restarted the app. With the GPS positioning it would be why it would not land back at the take off point.

Did you recently update the Mini to 14.1 or 14.2(beta) iOS? IF so you'll probably find that it might be the issue or suspect. As to home point, that is set at motor arm normally..Not sure what would have made the double at this point.

Last edited:
I just updated the iPad Mini to 14.0.1 this afternoon, so yesterday it was on 14.0...

I just updated the iPad Mini to 14.0.1 this afternoon, so yesterday it was on 14.0...
Okay I was a bit out on that, 14.0 had obviously some issues, so they released 14.1 and now 14.2. So they are working on some issues presently..it's popped up on various issues on different threads. Can't tell you to fly or not on 14.1, but if they have a 14.2 in Beta then I would say they haven't fixed all issues. Apple is good at finding problems so IMHO I wouldn't fly it till they have it all "Fixed" shortly. YMMV. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78