DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV Remote Controller without Goggles

sirkemma

Reactions
Hello. I've never used anything FPV before (just Mavic 2 Pro) but I'm buying a Bumblebee CineWhoop that has the DJI FPV camera and air unit (to use in real estate fly throughs). So it's configured for the DJI FPV Remote Controller, which is great, but if I'm using that controller, do I have to use the Goggles, or can I just connect it to a phone or iPad? I'll probably get the goggles for recreational use, but I really don't want to go to a client's home with goggles, so I'd rather just use it with a normal monitor like a phone or tablet. Does that work? (I realize I could get a different controller, but then i have to get a new receiver and install it, etc - I'd rather use it as configured).

Greatly appreciate any help.

Reactions: Droniac
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

FPV advises not related to Mavics is most probably hard to get here, very different hardware ... I would try here instead --> FPV Drone Pilots Forum

I'm owning FPV equipment myself, but being a newbie in that field & to equipment and their possibilities I would believe that will be impossible ... the VTX in the Quad sends out the live stream & that is received by the goggles & can be recorded either on a separate SD card in the VTX (if you have the DJI Air unit, not if it's the CaddX Vista) or to a SD in the goggles. Never heard about any separate screen that can show the same as the goggles ... not for the digital fpv system anyway.

The solution you will be left with is to fly LOS instead, filming & recording to the SD on the Air unit ... but it beats me how you should setup all the film parameters without the goggles.

The newer DJI FPV Goggles v2 might have a possibility as those have an USB out connection ... so perhaps it will be possible to attach some mobile device there & through some software be able to show the same as in the goggles. But all this is just rumors so far.

Reactions: Droniac
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

FPV advises not related to Mavics is most probably hard to get here, very different hardware ... I would try here instead --> FPV Drone Pilots Forum

I'm owning FPV equipment myself, but being a newbie in that field & to equipment and their possibilities I would believe that will be impossible ... the VTX in the Quad sends out the live stream & that is received by the goggles & can be recorded either on a separate SD card in the VTX (if you have the DJI Air unit, not if it's the CaddX Vista) or to a SD in the goggles. Never heard about any separate screen that can show the same as the goggles ... not for the digital fpv system anyway.

The solution you will be left with is to fly LOS instead, filming & recording to the SD on the Air unit ... but it beats me how you should setup all the film parameters without the goggles.

The newer DJI FPV Goggles v2 might have a possibility as those have an USB out connection ... so perhaps it will be possible to attach some mobile device there & through some software be able to show the same as in the goggles. But all this is just rumors so far.
Thanks very much for your help and direction to the other forum. Having only flown the Mavic 2 Pro, the whole CineWhoop thing is a bit overwhelming and tough to figure out. Thanks again!

Reactions: Droniac and slup
Hello. I've never used anything FPV before (just Mavic 2 Pro) but I'm buying a Bumblebee CineWhoop that has the DJI FPV camera and air unit (to use in real estate fly throughs). So it's configured for the DJI FPV Remote Controller, which is great, but if I'm using that controller, do I have to use the Goggles, or can I just connect it to a phone or iPad? I'll probably get the goggles for recreational use, but I really don't want to go to a client's home with goggles, so I'd rather just use it with a normal monitor like a phone or tablet. Does that work? (I realize I could get a different controller, but then i have to get a new receiver and install it, etc - I'd rather use it as configured).

Greatly appreciate any help.
I just took mu DJIFPV drone out for its first run today! Everything connected up perfectly, It’s a beast! I’ve only flown DJI Mavic from the pro to the minis but no FPV. I was curious... while I was using the fly app whatever was shown in my goggles was shown as one picture on my phone just like a normal Mavic..Yes I’m a newbie so please give me a break… LOL, but does that mean I can fly the new dji fpv drone without the goggles and just a smart controller or my phone? Lights on this drone are so bright! Anyway just curious like I said this is my first post, happy to be a part of this forum. My apologies, I thought this was a different the post I was replying to… But it’s kind of in the same ballpark. Yes, #1 Newbie? Got to own it!!

Last edited:
It is my understanding that at this point in time, the DJI V2 goggles will not work with any other drone than the new DJI FPV drone. None of the DJI Air units can be used with the V2's. Rumor has it that DJI will "correct" that at some point... but it's anybodies guess when that will be.

FWIW...
My statements in my previous post are in error or no longer true. The V2 goggles are working with the air units like the Vista. I understand that a firmware issue may arise that is fixable... but they work. The new controller, however, is currently unable to be used with anything but the new drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut