DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji go 4.1.15 crashes on iOS

The "fly safe" update is for the geofencing/NFZ. I did it couple days ago before I flew, no problem for me. Was going to fly this morning, but a little to windy for my taste. Hopefully tomorrow. I have not updated the GO4 yet, still on 4.1.15

Well I was ready to poo-poo this report as I've been flying just fine. But tonight took it out to film the sunset. Video worked just fine, HDR worked fine.
Changed battery and sent her back up this time I started rotation to catch some alpineglow on the side and the gimbal twitched violently and the camera more less went dead.
By dead I mean it was still sending video but I had no control of focus, gimbal or exposure. All of teh camera items had N/A on the screen
Very odd. Brought it down and I'll check it tomorrow when it's light out and the skeeters are in bed.

What is wrong with me? I’ve had my Mavic since Jan this year. The only issue I’ve had was the **** DJI cable to the remote.

I started with my iPhone 6 and iPad Pro then purchased a Mini3 wifi as I found the 6 screen a bit to small for my old eyes.

I’ve done every update that DJI has pushed out the door, I have have IOS11.1 now.

I’ve never had a single problem other than the colour/contrast in 800 or was 900 being a bit off.

I feel like I’m missing out on all the fun you guys are having with issues and blaming everyone, especially DJI.

Why am I just so lucky?

Reactions: Ron_Dog and locoman
Cut, careful what you wish for.. I am in the same boat you are in. Grateful, and at the same time feel bad for those who aren't in this boat with us.

The only problem I have now is that my 4 month old Apple refurbished Mini4 is bricked. Won't turn on, so going into the Cities tomorrow to the Apple Store to see what they will do. Sure it has nothing to do with the Mavic. From what I read, has to do with the IC.

Reactions: Brojon
View attachment 24271 View attachment 24272 View attachment 24273 I just updated my iPhone 7+ to iOS11.1 and now nothing works with the DJI GO 4 app!:( Deleted the GO4 app and reinstalled it, still nothing! I also updated to GO4 4.1.15 I do have a display on the phone now, but nothing works on the touch screen? Plus it will dump just setting there after a few minutes!
It's a different story every time you turn it on!

I have the same problem with a Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum! My DJI fleet is grounded until DJI comes through with a fix.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
What is wrong with me? I’ve had my Mavic since Jan this year. The only issue I’ve had was the **** DJI cable to the remote.
I started with my iPhone 6 and iPad Pro then purchased a Mini3 wifi as I found the 6 screen a bit to small for my old eyes.
I’ve done every update that DJI has pushed out the door, I have have IOS11.1 now.
I’ve never had a single problem other than the colour/contrast in 800 or was 900 being a bit off.
I feel like I’m missing out on all the fun you guys are having with issues and blaming everyone, especially DJI.
Why am I just so lucky?

Feel better now after your morning dose of schadenfreude?

Why am I just so lucky?
I too was a "lucky dog" until the last round of updates! Don't worry, your turn in the barrel is coming! Sooner or Later!;)

Dig go keeps crashing on iPhone 8 , what gives?
It seems like the latest update in GO 4 doesn't play well with some of the latest model iPhones,7,7+,8,ect.

It seems like the latest update in GO 4 doesn't play well with some of the latest model iPhones,7,7+,8,ect.
How long does it usually take for DJI to send an app update to fix this? I have client flights lined up this week & I need this to be taken care of ASAP!

I just delete and reinstall it. Ipad mini4. No crash app.
Btw im on 4.1.16. I guess they updated it to address app crash. :)

Last edited:
How long does it usually take for DJI to send an app update to fix this? I have client flights lined up this week & I need this to be taken care of ASAP!
Good Luck with that!:oops: Sometimes once a month, then sometimes every other day!

After deleting the old app, make sure you reboot the iPhone/iPad not just turn it off. To do a cold reboot, hold down the home button and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Let the device reboot and download the new app. I usually reboot again after downloading, but that may not be needed.

After deleting the old app, make sure you reboot the iPhone/iPad not just turn it off. To do a cold reboot, hold down the home button and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Let the device reboot and download the new app. I usually reboot again after downloading, but that may not be needed.
I tried that, but no luck!:(

I just delete and reinstall it. Ipad mini4. No crash app.
Btw im on 4.1.16. I guess they updated it to address app crash. :)
It didn't fix the issue with my iPhone 7+?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d