DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app - 4K video

Goose18

Reactions
Good day all,
I have been looking at so many posts on here getting advise for some time, so I finally joined, so nice to be here.

I have a question. I recently set my Mavic Pro 2 to record video in 4K. Since I have, it will no longer allow me to download via wifi from the drone to the iPhone. I found out this is due to being 4K and not 1080p. So, I started using iMovie, which works great to use the 4K but I no longer have the options of the background music as I did when using the GJI GO 4 app.
So, I am curious if you all use the 4K setting, or do you only use the 1080p setting when recording video?
Firstly .... I find it very weird that the app won't allow 4K video when that is what the aircraft records in.
Secondly ... Is there any other options of doing this still using 4K video and being able to have access to the background music?
The issues I run into is not being able to post to any social media as I use my downloaded music when using iMovie, and of course any social media deletes it as copy write issues.
I guess this could al be solved if DJI would come up with a fix so the app could handle 4K.
Anyways, hope that all made sense, thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.
Hopefully you get answers to your questions

I edit and render 4K video on my iPad using iMovie with music and it works flawlessly.

Last edited:
I agree, it works perfectly using iMovie. But as I mentioned, I then don’t have any background music for editing. I can use downloaded music, but then it won’t allow me to post anywhere.
Unless you have ideas on that?
Thanks kindly for your responses

There is quite a bit of royalty free music. I don’t remember where I got mine. Just Google “royalty free music“.

I agree, it works perfectly using iMovie. But as I mentioned, I then don’t have any background music for editing. I can use downloaded music, but then it won’t allow me to post anywhere.
Unless you have ideas on that?
Thanks kindly for your responses
It has to be royalty free music. Google Studio has a ton of royalty free music you can use for your videos without a problem. There are also sites that offer music with "credit lines or acknowledgments" like Ben Sounds or Danno songs just to name a couple.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karchuandiong