DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 app not allowing liftoff

Rick0504N

Reactions
I hope this is not a silly question:

Someone recently posted that the DJI Go 4 app prevented him from flying. I’m assuming it was somewhere in the USA, if that matters. Anyway, I am no longer supposed to fly in my backyard because according to the maps, I live in a quadrant that shows a “0”, and if I were to attempt to get authorization using AirMap, I cannot get it. HOWEVER, the DJI Go 4 app doesn’t prevent me from taking off. I can takeoff, fly 10 feet straight up , for instance, test some video settings, for instance, and then land.

So, under what scenario does the DJI Go 4 app actually prevent you from taking off?

DJI's geofencing is not always right. Sometines it stops you where it shouldn't and sometimes like your case it will allow you to fly when you should not. When in question, I would go with what the FAA says, not DJI.

EDIT: Personally, I dont see a problem doing what you did in a "0" zone. The houses and trees around you are alot higher than ten feet....

I know, right?
I'm almost 5 miles from a regional airport, with facilities map showing 0 over my house because of runway glide slope.
But distribution powerlines cut across the path about a mile from me towards the airport. If I flew 120ft high at my house, what's reallygoing to cause a problem for a plane, my quad or those power lines?

Which version of Go4 are you using?

Hi so similar issue. I applied for and received authorization to fly in a restricted air space. Obviously the Dji go 4 still regards the space as restricted and so will not allow take off.
How do I get the app to allow Take off?
Thanks

Reactions: Dan C
Accept the liability when’s it comes up on the screen - the app will then think you have specials permission to fly in that area - but remember if something happens you are always liable.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman