DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 App Store Rating? (Three Stars?)

Area Aerial

Reactions
Hey guys,

I’m just curious, the low rating of the app in the Apple store is making me weary so figured I should ask questions

So many bad reviews, I assume this is the only option to use with me M2P/IPad Pro combination?

I’m doing everything I can to be fully prepared before my first flight but these reviews have some serious horror stories and wanted to know if you guys could weigh in on this for me?

I’m the kind of guy to typically trust what the manufacturer is saying and providing as a service but the quality of the reviews are throwing me for a loop.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Hey guys,

I’m just curious, the low rating of the app in the Apple store is making me weary so figured I should ask questions

So many bad reviews, I assume this is the only option to use with me M2P/IPad Pro combination?

I’m doing everything I can to be fully prepared before my first flight but these reviews have some serious horror stories and wanted to know if you guys could weigh in on this for me?

I’m the kind of guy to typically trust what the manufacturer is saying and providing as a service but the quality of the reviews are throwing me for a loop.

Thanks in advance for any input!

I always take reviews with a grain of salt..... l have been using that app since early 2017...with zero issues.....

Still learning to use the forums the right way my apologies.

I realize this thread would have been better suited to the “control” section.

That being said I have just been informed about Litchi and that app is showing much better reviews of a 4.2 Stars.

Does this app have all the capabilities of the DJI GO app? Or is more of a sidekick for different functionalities?

Thanks again everyone!

Many of us use, and HAVE used both for several years now with no problems.

Remember people are quick to point fingers and blame for problems but not so quick to tell the GOOD/Positive stuff.

WELCOME to the forum.

Allen

Go4 had been around since 2016 when it split into Go3 and Go4, so you'll get all sorts of reviews. Many may also be rating the drones the app supports rather than the app. Some hate how DJI drones work, some love it, just as some like broccoli, some hate it.

There have been glitches with the app from time to time, but DJI corrects them.

I’ve been using Go4 for 2 years with no issues. It’s not perfect and I’m sure some will complain because that’s just what they do.

Some people can be real jerks with reviews, e.g. all the people that give products a 1-star review because the retailer sent the wrong size/colour product by mistake. In the case of apps, I find that a lot of 1-star reviews are simply because the reviewer simply couldn't get the app to work, misconfigured it, or just didn't take the time to properly figure it out. That could be down to the app, but also the age of the device, lack of memory, user error, but there is seldom enough info on these reviews to tell and thus judge whether they are fair or not.

Ultimately, it's an official app from a trusted vendor. Install it, see if it works for you, and if not then maybe look into one of the (very limited!) number of alternatives, and if one of those works better then uninstall Go4. Personally, like several of the posters above, I've never had any major problems with it. Sure, there is the odd bug, but these are usually fixed fairly quickly, and other apps might do things better if you need some specific functionality, but for general purpose usage it's perfectly capable IMHO but. as always. YMMV.

Reactions: Area Aerial
That’s the laws of mouth to mouth advertising! For every 1 customer that says something good, 9 will say something bad!

Thanks folks appreciate the feedback! I’m going to install DJI GO and just take it slow to start.

Reactions: Camino Ken

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998