DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app not appearing on Google Play + Servers down? Xiaomi mi 9

erwol

Reactions
Hey guys,

I just unpacked a new Android device (with Android 9.x) and when looking for the DJI GO 4 app in the play store I realized it is not there anymore. At first I thought my new device (Xiaomi mi 9 - always flew with Xiaomi phones without a problem) might not be compatible so I installed an old APK I had in my computer just to test if the installation fails. It didn't but then it stays frozen on startup, just when it says 'Connecting to server...'. Then I tried searching the app from a computer but the DJI GO 4 play store app url throws a 404! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en

Does someone knows whats going on?

I'm not sure what's going on, but the DJI GO APK can be downloaded from the DJI Download Center if you need to install the current version of DJI GO 4.

Reactions: Thomas B
Not sure. I just downloaded the APK from the Download Center.

Not sure. I just downloaded the APK from the Download Center.
Just tried that version and it's working fine, don't know what happened before, maybe I was just unlucky and tried installing it while servers were really down. Still, quite weird the app doesn't appear on Google Play.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes, it's odd. It's not the first time this happened though.

Reactions: erwol
I just took another look and noticed the Download Center is linking to DJI GO 4.3.14. Perhaps they found an issue with 4.3.16 and decided to pull it.

I stayed in 4.2.14 for months. Others were really bad with my air and previous device. Hope this version is not that bad.

I just took another look and noticed the Download Center is linking to DJI GO 4.3.14. Perhaps they found an issue with 4.3.16 and decided to pull it.
Just checked the play store again and there isn't a single official DJI app available atm. Weird. I just hope no one start banning our aircrafts software!

I just hope no one start banning our aircrafts software!
That's not likely the case. Both versions of DJI GO are still available in the Apple App Store.

Usual situation - staged rollout.

DJI Go4 v4.3.20 available on Play Store (updated today June 10th)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS