DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 App..

Cerberus

Reactions
Been seeing quite a number of youtubers saying that the app tends to crash mid flight and so on..

has DJI updated a fixed app already?

p.s :- still waiting for my Mavic so just curious here. Thankz

That's usually a sign that the pilot is using an incompatible device and/or it's not configured properly (e.g. there are too many apps running in the background).

Been seeing quite a number of youtubers saying that the app tends to crash mid flight and so on..

has DJI updated a fixed app already?

p.s :- still waiting for my Mavic so just curious here. Thankz

I have never had the app crash on me ... but I always close all background aps etc. I have had the app disconnect from the drone but this is not the same thing and I think lots of people are calling this a crash but its not.

I have never had the app crash on me ... but I always close all background aps etc. I have had the app disconnect from the drone but this is not the same thing and I think lots of people are calling this a crash but its not.

Alright then, is there many of you who experience this "disconnect" between the app and the drone mid flight then? :p

This is the reason I bought an iPad Mini 2. It appears the app works well with Apple products. I only use the iPad with the Mavic and have not had a single issue. Not having the device loaded with extra apps which tend to run in the background would also help.

Reactions: Cerberus
You guys are awesome for your replies...

and yes, from other forums I think GO4 app works flawlessly on the IOS

how about the android users (I am an android user).. Any disconnects or crashes that affects your flying in a bad way?

Had two app crashes at the weekend, just restarted and it carried on from where it left off, bit off putting when you're in mid manoeuvre though.

I've had a couple disconnects, Google Pixel XL, but after a restart, things are back to normal. The first time it happens, it freaks you out, but then you remember, you and the controller are controlling the Mavic, not an app.

Good to hear..

well, so far for me on my old phone (Samsung Note 3 NEo) no crashes so far (touch wood wouch wood)..

I also read somewhere saying that the very first time you turn on your RC connected to your phone, it will pop up a message asking for permission for the RC to connect to your phone and stuff... It says to enable that and the app should run fine..

I did that so maybe thats why I'm running ok with mine so far..

Good to hear..

well, so far for me on my old phone (Samsung Note 3 NEo) no crashes so far (touch wood wouch wood)..

I also read somewhere saying that the very first time you turn on your RC connected to your phone, it will pop up a message asking for permission for the RC to connect to your phone and stuff... It says to enable that and the app should run fine..

I did that so maybe thats why I'm running ok with mine so far..
Nope.

This is the reason I bought an iPad Mini 2. It appears the app works well with Apple products. I only use the iPad with the Mavic and have not had a single issue. Not having the device loaded with extra apps which tend to run in the background would also help.

Does the iPad mini fit in the RC holder? My mavic is on its way.

I get lots of "disconnects" on my Moto Z Play running Marshmallow. Was getting them one right after another with both Litchi and Go4. It then stayed connected long enough to run a few short waypoint missions but died shortly after starting a panorama pic set which killed the set. Seems I get a disconnect or 6 or 8 every time I go flying. Will be really ticked if it happens on a flight I lose GPS positioning when not close to the bird. I've only lost GPS once for a short while and that was with the .200 firmware on probably my second flight.

Does the iPad mini fit in the RC holder? My mavic is on its way.
Ahhhh, "This is the reason I bought an iPad Mini 2. It appears the app works well with Apple products. I only use the iPad with the Mavic and have not had a single issue" There's the answer...;)
There are tonnes of posts with pics and tutorials regarding the iPad mini's use. It works perfectly.

Reactions: Saylor101
I have flown the phantom 3 (go app) and the Mavic (go 4 app) on a Note 4 and a Note 10.1 and have yet to see a crash. Both of those devices have 3GB of ram; I think that makes a difference. It's always a good idea to close out apps or even start with a fresh reboot.

Reactions: Cerberus
I have flown the phantom 3 (go app) and the Mavic (go 4 app) on a Note 4 and a Note 10.1 and have yet to see a crash. Both of those devices have 3GB of ram; I think that makes a difference. It's always a good idea to close out apps or even start with a fresh reboot.

I think my Note 3 neo only got 2gb ram.. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke