DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji go 4 cannot be used

When you do this it gives you three photos to select from. One says "Original" and the others have no description. I thought the "Original" was the full resolution. Is it not?
If you want the original image files, just pop the SD card, put it in a $3 usb adapter and copy them to your computer.
It's simpler and faster than anything wireless or with a cable.

When you do this it gives you three photos to select from. One says "Original" and the others have no description. I thought the "Original" was the full resolution. Is it not?
If your Air 2 is powered down during this procedure it's impossible to be downloading the full-resolution image from the SD card in the drone.

Last edited:
If your Air 2S is powered down during this procedure it's impossible to be downloading the full-resolution image from the SD card in the drone.
The "Original" is indeed the full resolution. Not certain what the other two are. Now the DGI Go is on the screen and it generates the QR code just great. Easy Peasy transfers now. Thanks all for you help with this.

The "Original" is indeed the full resolution. Not certain what the other two are. Now the DGI Go is on the screen and it generates the QR code just great. Easy Peasy transfers now. Thanks all for you help with this.
Just want to make sure you understand, apologies if I'm covering ground you already know...

When capturing photos or video the full resolution is stored on the SD card, and a lower resolution version is cached on the Smart Controller. Unless the Air 2 is turned on and connected to the Smart Controller, you can't download the full-resolution version, regardless of what you're selecting in the GO4 interface.

So the question is, is your MA2 powered on, and GO4 shows connected to it?

Last edited:
So the question is, is your MA2 powered on, and GO4 shows connected to it?
From what I'm understanding with what they mentioned since they are doing it the convoluted way of:
- Have full size images downloaded from the aircraft to the smart controller's gallery (using Fly, likely they have the "auto sync HD photos" option on so they come on their own)
- Launch GO4 on the SC and use its sharing function to transfer from SC gallery to GO4 running on another phone.

They'll be getting original photos that way but not original video unless they manually download them from aircraft to SC.

That makes sense. I'm operating in the fog a bit as I don't know the details of the SC, which adds another twist.

On the SC, the Go4 app will not connect to an MA2. At least in my initial start up when I did try using it, it always complained the MA2 was incompatible with DJOI Go4. And the last few times I have started Go4, it never tried to connect to my MA2 - I could open Go4, log into DJI, but that's about it..

Everytime I hit the Bluetooth button and transfer photo from SC to my iPhone it says file transfer failed. Am I doing something wrong ?

Everytime I hit the Bluetooth button and transfer photo from SC to my iPhone it says file transfer failed. Am I doing something wrong ?
Matt from what i understand from reading about this issue is that the BT does not work. I know I tried a number of times. Right now, unfortunately, the only way I can transfer pictures from my MA2s is by taking the Disc out of the drone and putting it in my computer. If you find a way to transfer electronically please let me know.

Reactions: matt66
When I first used my drone the Bluetooth would work but after a few updates with drone and getting new iPhone and software updates it does not work not sure which caused problem. Likewise I will let you know if it ever works again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0