DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 crashing

kaihoka

Reactions
Hi, fellow pilots, this is an issue I'm sure others have experienced. Periodically the app just disconnects though still have full control of my mavic pro, thankfully. On my last flight, it happened towards the end but can happen at any stage during a flight. I've been using app version 4.3.0 for quite a long time now and mostly been ok. If I restart the app it will connect again but it's a bit annoying to say the least especially when trying to get the shot. I also use the DJI Go app with my phantom 3 standard and has never happened. The disconnection can happen on either my Tab A tablet or my Huawei phone. I have considered updating the app to see how that goes though generally believe if it ain't broken then why fix it. Maybe I should consider it broken or go back to using the Litchi.
Any thoughts?

Try doing a hard reset in your device. I had the same issue the other day, several times. I did a hard reset in my iPad, 5th gen, and the app hasn’t crashed since.

The app puts a lot of demand on device resources: RAM, CPU, GPU and storage. Any deficiencies or slowness in any of these could cause the app to crash.

A bad USB cable can do it too.

Reactions: JimCanada
Try doing a hard reset in your device. I had the same issue the other day, several times. I did a hard reset in my iPad, 5th gen, and the app hasn’t crashed since.
Shall give that a go. Process of elimination. Thanks.

The app puts a lot of demand on device resources: RAM, CPU, GPU and storage. Any deficiencies or slowness in any of these could cause the app to crash.

A bad USB cable can do it too.
Yes it did cross my mind though it's a relatively new cable. I usually start the controller and drone first plug in the cable and wait for the app to ask for connection but I think I started it myself instead this time, whether that makes any difference. I shall be mindful the next flight . Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS