DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 issue

I dusted off my Mavic Air and had the same issues as above but got the App to work eventually but downloading from DJI . I can connect to the drone , it says ready for take off , Can see the camera view on screen , bit no commands from controller work . Cant take off , tilt camera etc. Have a spare controller , paired that , same result .Anybody any idea as to whats happening ?

Glad I found this chain. I thought it was just me.
I've been happily flying my DJI Mavic Pro since 2017.
I've used the DJI Go2 App for this purpose since 2017, but last week the Go2 App suddenly stopped working, and the only App that I was guided to was the new Go4 App.
However, the Go4 App only works with a very few devices - and I don't own any of those specific devices.
So now I can't use my drone, since the Go4 App won't work with my device(s).
Is there a workaround that I can use?
Please suggest how I might fly again.
It seems crazy to me that DJI would launch the Go4 App and support only a tiny portion of all devices...
Thanks.
dji mavic pro GO4 devices.png

Glad I found this chain. I thought it was just me.
I've been happily flying my DJI Mavic Pro since 2017.
I've used the DJI Go2 App for this purpose since 2017, but last week the Go2 App suddenly stopped working, and the only App that I was guided to was the new Go4 App.
However, the Go4 App only works with a very few devices - and I don't own any of those specific devices.
It seems crazy to me that DJI would launch the Go4 App and support only a tiny portion of all devices...
There's some confusion here.
The proper app for your drone is and always has been DJI Go 4 as shown in the specs for your Drone.

The app works with many devices not listed by DJI.
What device are you trying to use it with?
Is it the same one you've used in the past or are you trying to use it on a different one?

Last edited:
There's some confusion here.
The proper app for your drone is and always has been DJI Go 4 as shown in the specs for your Drone.

The app works with many devices not listed by DJI.
What device are you trying to use it with?
Is it the same one you've used in the past or are you trying to use it on a different one?
Hi,
GO4 may have been the proper App, but for whatever reason I've been using - successfully - the GO2 app since 2017.
That said, I've tried to use the GO4 app, in a variety of old and new versions from apk mirror sites, on my:
* Samsung S21 Ultra phone
* Samsung Tab A7
both of which worked before, and now neither works.
I also get this message, which I've never seen before:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-175529.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-175529.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi,
GO4 may have been the proper App, but for whatever reason I've been using - successfully - the GO2 app since 2017.
There has never been a Go 2 app, just DJI Go (not suitable for your drone) and DJI G0 4
That said, I've tried to use the GO4 app, in a variety of old and new versions from apk mirror sites, on my:
* Samsung S21 Ultra phone
* Samsung Tab A7
both of which worked before, and now neither works.

There are many recent posts complaining that recent Samsung devices have stopped running the app.
This is because a recent Android 12 update is causing a problem.
If your devices are running Android 12, contact DJI support and explain what's happened.
They have been giving out a beta version of the software to fix the problem.

Reactions: GoodGuy
Greetings all... Quick update.
I spoke at length today with Customer Service, and the guy guided me through a firmware update using "DJI ASSISTANT 2" and that (maybe, we hope) seems to have worked...

Reactions: Meta4
Dji go 4 won't launch!! Apparently it's been going on for months now. Check out Google play and see all the reviews
Thats because for many months the only source of working Go4 has been from the DJI website not the play store.
The Playstore versions are dated and will not be updated. DJI website is the only source of newer versions that do work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000