DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 keeps closing while flying

VegasDisplays

Reactions
I don't know what caused this today, but my DJI GO 4 app running on my ipad mini 4 kept closing while I was in the middle of a flight. It happened about 6 times. I just reopened it and it was still in the same spot and I didn't lose connection with the controller, but what the heck caused this. I was flying where I normally do and the weather was fine. Anyone else have this problem lately???

Are you running iOS 11.2 on your iPad Mini 4? If not, try upgrading.

i have the same problem on my 6S+ v11.1.2 - crashing etc - I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and no joy. Also getting an error 200 flight failure when trying to liftoff.

works fine on my iphoneX v11.2.1 - i'm updating my 6+ now and will let you know how it goes...

Same problem for me with android using Galaxy s8+ and the latest DJI Go. I have Switched cables, used lower USB connection, reinstalled Go app and no luck, go app still shuts down at least once during flight, it's pretty much guaranted for me during flight since the latest go update. I never had the issue with the last version. I am Using Litchi for now and zero issues with it.

Have flown 3 times now after the latest update on Android and its closed every time during flight. Never done it before. Getting pissed. I've always done things by the book, and to have an app just shut off and stop camera footage, is bull****. Get a clue and fix your garbage app dji. Unbelievable

I had the same problem and the solution below resolved it.

Part One
Try clearing flight record information.
1. launch DJI GO4
2. click on the thee horizional lines on the top right side corner of the screen (before you enter device).
3. select flight records.
4. select sync icon on top right corner.
5 clear local flight records.

Part Two
Clear Flight Route and Clear Video Cache
1. launch DJI GO4
2. enter device
3. select three horizontal dots on the top right corner of screen.
4. select clear flight route
5. select clear video cache.

Well, I'm going to try everything you guys listed (including removing pocket lint???).
I'll post the results once I get a chance to fly again. Thanks for all your input!

I don't know what caused this today, but my DJI GO 4 app running on my ipad mini 4 kept closing while I was in the middle of a flight. ..... Anyone else have this problem lately???

Yeah, me, last week. I am not an Apple guy but I bought an iPad mini 4 specifically for the Mavic on a recommendation. I flew one battery around a rock (I'm a geologist) and was on the second when Go4 popped off to the icon screen. The controller remained in control, this was an Apple problem. Happened twice more on that battery.

The following day, I had a friend time the pop-offs that recurred reliably at 80 seconds. At the Tucson Apple store, a tech reinstalled Go4 and it has remained on. They may have updated after Dec 13

Reactions: s2seyecle
Did you try rolling DJI GO back to 4.1.15 yet?
Gmrng all, I unfortunately updated to the latest DJI GO 4, and have experienced countless disconnects using a Samsung S6. If there's anyway to rollback to the previous version, PLEASE let me know. Thanks in advance

Turn off Video Caching, this worked for me.
Went out to fly again today and turned off video cache and it still shut down on me again. I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to get Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast