DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 keeps closing while flying

I flew 2 batteries on Litchi yesterday, not an issue.
Yeah, this seems to be the direction I will be going. I can't be having my video feed just shut off and disconnect for no reason other than garbage firmware from DJI.

Its what I did Sparky, full of confidence in the Mavic, no confidence at all any more with Go4...

Tried all tips mentioned above, beside rolling back to an earlier version Go app and the app still shuts down during every flight, it's very random timing and ya never know when it's gonna happen one flight to another.

Litchi app does not shut down so it's most definitely a DJI GO app issue

And what bugs me is that they both use the same information to do their job, yet one cant do its job.

Hi . I just got my Mavic and started my first flight this afternoon. Dji Go keeps crashing and I thought I lost my Mavic. What a start!! I have a LG V20 Android 7. Anyone knows why the app keeps crashing?

Reactions: mickieenzfly
I have this problem too. I hadn't flown for a while so I thought I better fire it up before taking it out just to check its status etc. It worked fine as always but had the messages to update.
Normally I just do this without worrying too much about it.
So then I went to take it for a flight, firstly it wouldn't connect with the phone and App kept closing.
I was in a very remote spot and had no signal so I thought maybe it needs to connect to the internet which would be ridiculous considering where these things get flown.
Next I tried it with my iPad, same thing happened.
But then it randomly did connect with the mavic so I thought great and sent it up only for the app to crash again. I just hovered and restarted the app.
I found that if I had started recording before the app crashed then it was still recording after it restarted.
I was on a 4X4 trip and had to get footage but had a very difficult day with this going on.
At first I thought it was the FW update but now that I'm back home and looking into it i've noticed that the app just keeps crashing (iPhone X) even without being connected to device. Same on my iPad so this must be DJI Go4 problem.

For your Apple devices, make sure you're running iOS 11.2.1.

Thanks, I just updated IOS and Go4 to 4.1.20, seems to not crash so far.
I didn't know what was going on yesterday as it had worked flawlessly for so long before that.

Hi,

I had that issue two weeks ago with my iphone SE with iOS 11.1.1.
The issue is a bad date and time synchro between iOS and Dji Go 4.
To go around this problem i changed the date on the telephone to a date before the 2nd of December and it worked... quite annoying though coz your videos and pics will be time stamped with that
« fake »date.
Recently the issue stopped i believe it was fixed by iOS or Dji Go 4 update. How

I was having this same issue. How I resolved it was:
-Deleted dji go 4 from my iPhone 7+
-Searched in general>software> found an update
-Updated phone
-Reinstall dji go 4 app
-Zero issues! Also make sure you are running the latest firmware on your mavic.

Hope this helps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming