DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 & Mavic 2z – Cannot see anything on maps due to GEO zones

I've been exchanging emails with them at FlySafe. No resolution yet. Affects all major ballparks in US. They state that they are working on it.

I have the same issue in DJI Go 4. I also see that same issue in the Fly Safe Geo Zone map on the website. Look at downtown Milwaukee.. I need to see below that opaque blue circle.View attachment 66707

You should likewise file a complaint with DJI at [email protected]

Perhaps if they understand that a lot of people are virtually grounded due to their error, they might get it fixed SOON!

Reactions: Thomas B
You should likewise file a complaint with DJI at [email protected]

Perhaps if they understand that a lot of people are virtually grounded due to their error, they might get it fixed SOON!
There’s a proactive idea. Everyone with this problem should email and otherwise contact DJI support. Help them see the scope of the problem.

I emailed them and got a quick reply...

Dear Craig,

Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience caused.

This issue has been reported to the technical team and will be fixed soon, please kindly wait.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.

Best Regards
****.Geng
DJI Technical Support

Reactions: Thomas B
That is one big NFZ!

Someone on the DJI forum looked at it closely and sees that it is approximately 81 Authorization/Blue zones stacked, thus probably causing the opaque view. Each layer of the roughly 5-mile zone is good only on a specific day during the upcoming baseball season, and only for the duration of the game that day/night.

Thus, there is NO reason ANY of them should be showing this far in advance, much less all of them, much less having them turn opaque, much less going out roughly 5 miles. HUGE mistake since no one in a city with MLB can fly if they need a map reference, which in any area within 5-miles of a MLB stadium is normally the case!

Just sad that DJI cannot just turn them off until they can fix the problem.

Looks like this is fixed now. Still seeing TFR’s that are a week away from now but at least you can sort of see the map behind it now.

The map issue bugs me too, but not having one has not yet kept me from being able to fly and film what I wanted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+