DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 new version adds Quickshot

You are correct. And from my understanding, the HP doesn't automatically "follow" your RC/mobile device when u do this, but records the new HP at the time you tap it. In other words, you have to periodically hit the "home" button to update your position.

I did some tests on Home Point Me and it appears that the HP used is the controller's position at the time the RTH button is pressed. If the controller moves after the RTH button is pressed, it still goes to the position of the controller when the button was pushed. Having said that, I have no idea what it does when RTH occurs due to loss of signal, since it is no longer in contact with the controller. I would assume (dangerous) that it keeps a running tab of the controller's position and uses the last known position if signal is lost.

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where this makes sense? Why would I ever want the Aircraft to set a new home point while flying? Maybe when you fly, land and then move your setup? Just strange.

Maybe flying from a boat or cruise ship? I've never done either. Or using active track for a long distance.

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where this makes sense? Why would I ever want the Aircraft to set a new home point while flying? Maybe when you fly, land and then move your setup? Just strange.

I used it from boat - takeoff, set homepoint on the land and in emergency it goes and not playing submarine, because boat is moved meanwhile a bit away. Also a lot of other uses.

I tried out Quickshot using 4.1.10 on Android today. The updates went through just fine. The Mavic hovered nice and stable. Once I activatied Quickshot, I wasn't sure what to do next. Eventually I remembered that you have to give it a focus box. Once I did that, I was able to try the three options. Dronie is the one I'll probably use the most. However, it tends to back up for a few seconds, and then start to rise. Rocket was cool, too. I wasn't expecting the Mavic to come forward and go up while directly over my head. Helix was interesting, but I only wasn't really sure how to control it (I only got one loop around before it stopped). The biggest suprise about all three modes is that the Mavic comes racing back to its starting position as soon as it completes that shot. That was scary, especially in Rocket mode.

I did have one instance where the app closed on my Galaxy S8+. However, I found that the app was still open in the open apps list. And one time I went to the flight mode menu, and the whole first page was missing. I closed the window and tried again, and there it was. I would say that 4.1.10 is functional, but could use some stability tweaks.

Reactions: EsiMavic
I did some tests on Home Point Me and it appears that the HP used is the controller's position at the time the RTH button is pressed. If the controller moves after the RTH button is pressed, it still goes to the position of the controller when the button was pushed. Having said that, I have no idea what it does when RTH occurs due to loss of signal, since it is no longer in contact with the controller. I would assume (dangerous) that it keeps a running tab of the controller's position and uses the last known position if signal is lost.
You would have to try it to be sure, but I believe if a RTH was initiated in that case, it never "follows" or returns to the controller location. It will fly back to the last time you tapped home point. Also notice where the "H" is located on your map. That is where it should head to in most RTH scenarios.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt