Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 not responding message

Reactions
I took my 2 drones out for some exercise this morning to a local middle school as they have large playing fields but a few trees for shade along the perimeter. I flew my Phantom 3 Adv. for 2 battery cycles with no problems using the old DJI app and my LG v20 phone.

I then switched my LG phone to the Mavic Air controller and opened the DJI Go 4 app and powered everything up and flew touch and go's for about 10 minutes. I did notice that the image on my phone was pixelated and seemed to be lagging from the position the drone was in to what I was seeing. I flew a bit in Sport mode, my goal is to get comfortable with all the different settings. I took it out of Sport and manually landed it. But the screen showed I was still in Sport. I tried to take off using the screen icon for takeoff and it gave a warning about landing in Sport mode, it seemed to think I was still airborne. I powered down everything and then powered up and it never did open back up to the fly mode all the way. I either got messages saying the DJI Go 4 app was not responding or if it did respond it never got past the first screen that advised about current firmware and compass calibration but I could not get it to leave that screen. Tried powering off and on and got a message that was a firmware error, then one that it needed an update! At this point I was getting a bit frustrated and also pretty hot.

As it was close to 92 degrees I just called it quits. But I have had this message before about the app not responding. Is there an issue with the most current firmware? Could it have been the heat?

Reactions
I ended up flying a bit over my son's house and pool later on today and had no problems. Maybe it was just the area I flew before combined with the hot sun and summer heat.

2018-020-005 DJI Mavic Air test flights.jpg

Reactions: mad monkey
DJI Drone Service

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulydogs