DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 released for iOS

I'm confused....why would they create an entirely new app rather than just update the normal DJI Go app?

And which one should we be using with the Mavic?
Because DJI needs to constantly situate consumers so they are quickly obsolete.

Sorry, it was me that created this confusion. The radar has always been there in Go. I was thinking of a different app.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
The Radar is there but it does NOT point to the quad so you can maintain antenna orientation. This is a bug and they need to get it fixed as when the bird is accidentally out of sight ( :) ) its hard to know where to point the antennas correctly.

Unless I am missing something it looks like DJI paid attention to it's customers and brought back maunal ATTI mode in DJI Go 4
IMG_1632.PNG

The Radar is there but it does NOT point to the quad so you can maintain antenna orientation. This is a bug and they need to get it fixed as when the bird is accidentally out of sight ( :) ) its hard to know where to point the antennas correctly.
Then use the map view instead. It DOES show what direction the antenna is pointing. I've never understood why people use the radar

No, you aren't connected. That is for the Phantom line that allows flying in atti mode. Probably the inspire line as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

No, you aren't connected. That is for the Phantom line that allows flying in atti mode. Probably the inspire line as well.

Well ****!, they need to add it for the Mavic. I just downloaded it and was looking at the options, I did have it set for Mavic so I thought DJI had actually done something right. I will keep both until I get it tested, My Mavic seems to fly great on DJI GO 3.1. Does anyone know if they fixed the IOS battery drain issue?

The multiple mode things just lets you use sports mode on a Mavic.

Supposedly it's brand new. I imagine they are reusing some of the same libraries for common functions, but they claim that it improves video latency to "near realtime".
I would like to see a latency test like I have seen for FPV quad cameras.
They use a timer on a screen then set up a device to show the output next to clock the they take a picture that shows both times to show the latency.

Reactions: spikeanoid
I would like to see a latency test like I have seen for FPV quad cameras.
They use a timer on a screen then set up a device to show the output next to clock the they take a picture that shows both times to show the latency.
I would like to see that also, according to DJI it's close to "Real Time" So, what is their 'Media Hype' version of 'Real Close'?

I've always preferred the radar actually, when it's working properly obviously.

Same here, maybe it's because I am ex Army Copter crew, but I like the Radar much better than the tiny map.
EDIT: So, I flew 3 batteries on the GO 4 app this afternoon, and I like it. Latency seems to be shorter, can't measure it but could not determine any lag between stick movement and video movement, seemed close to real time at 2000', stick control seems smoother and had full signal out to 3000' without a hiccup. Radar is functional again which I like as I use it a lot. Haven't tried other modes yet, that's for tomorrow, it it is this good across the board I will dump DJI GO 3.1 and just use GO4.

Last edited:
I have a new iPhone se. 22 min flight today used 8% battery. Could this be the condition of each persons phone battery and not an app issue.

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
I have a new iPhone se. 22 min flight today used 8% battery. Could this be the condition of each persons phone battery and not an app issue.

I have the SE as well - no problems. But have now started using my iPad Mini 4 (love the bigger screen!) but didn't note battery useage. Will try next flight and see what happens.

May have to pick up an iPad mini 2 or 3 to try.. iPhone plus screen is still on the small side, though I've heard the phones are brighter than the tablets so it may just be trading one issue for another..

That could very well be as my iPhone 6+ is over 2 years old, under normal use the battery lasts 3 days, but the Mavic is not normal use. Wonder how much Apple will soak me for a new battery, phone is like new as it has lived in a good case it's entire life :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803