DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 released for iOS

When you hook up the controller with the app and hit the 'controller' icon, it gives youchoices on different tracking modes.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Still don't understand, the current DJI GO 3.7 will toggle between map and radar tracking if you tap the icon in the corner of the map window.

Still don't understand, the current DJI GO 3.7 will toggle between map and radar tracking if you tap the icon in the corner of the map window.

Sorry, it was me that created this confusion. The radar has always been there in Go. I was thinking of a different app.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Do we know if Go 4.0 is a new build, or just an update of 3.X? I'm not sure whether to trust it yet.

Do we know if Go 4.0 is a new build, or just an update of 3.X? I'm not sure whether to trust it yet.

Supposedly it's brand new. I imagine they are reusing some of the same libraries for common functions, but they claim that it improves video latency to "near realtime".

I just hope it improves iPhone battery life to "takes longer than 25 minutes for my phone to be dead and as hot as a hand warmer"

That'd be a great improvement

Reactions: spikeanoid
Has anyone used this app version with their Mavic yet?

I bought my Mavic to work so I could try it out, but was hoping someone has already done multiple flights with it....and can tell us of any issues and/or good things about it.

I bought my Mavic to work so I could try it out, but was hoping someone has already done multiple flights with it....and can tell us of any issues and/or good things about it.
Took my Mavic out this morning, having downloaded and 'synced' my DJI Go4 APP with my flight records. Deleted 'old' DJI GO app after moving the flight records over. Had the Mavic up for around 20 minutes, no problems whatsoever. Seems to be about the same, maybe a bit more stable but difficult to say, the old DJI GO wasn't bad. But as I have both the P4 and the Mavic, the new GO4 is the only app I now need. Plus I have Litchi and, apparently, there is less of a 'conflict' between the two (but haven't had the chance to try Litchi yet with the Mavic.)

I was in the air for >30 minutes yesterday, 2 flights and it worked flawlessly with an Android tablet.

Mike and Pedro...thanks for your feedback!

I, too, was able to fly this morning, but only for about 10 minutes. It seemed to be very stable when the Mavic was about 20-30 feet away in front of me, regardless of height (15-200 feet high). But when I flew about 70-100 feet in front of me (approx. 50 feet high) it appeared to move up and down approx. 3-4 inches...as if it were bouncing on a large balloon, or something like that. That's when I decided to take her in and land it.

I'm using my iphone 6 for now so right now I'm looking forward to more iOS info regarding this DJI Go 4 app. However, I'm also looking at getting Nvidia Shield tablet, so Android info will also be nice.

I was able to snap this shot during my flight time (I'm at work so I couldn't do much editing with Windows photo gallery on this JPG shot):

DJI_0003_2.jpg

Reactions: burtg and maveric
Silly question...does anyone know how to change the units on the Go 4 app? On the old Go app, all my distances were displayed in feet....and now on Go 4 it's all in metric.

Edit...nevermind, I figured it out as soon as I posted this. lol

On DJI forum...someone said they had conflict with WIFI. They're using Samsung S7, so I'm wondering if iOS has that issue. I haven't flown long enough to see much.

Can one of you guys try to upload a DJI Go 4 flight log to healthydrones and see if the battery info is fixed?

Dunno on the first one.

The 4.0 lists only the Mavic, P4P and I2. My ASSUMPTION is we go with the latest at this point. I have not deleted ver 3 until I have gone and tested with ver 4. There may be some optimizations coming that will only work with the latest drones.

I cannot see the inspire 2 listed.
cae1ecffeb802f02a60f8c3c745e1106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Anyone figured out how to transfer videos from the DJI Go to DJI Go 4?
I synced, but my Editor tab still empty on new app.

..err excuse me for being naive, but how do one sync between DJI Go to DJI Go 4? Tq in advance!:oops:

just downloaded Dji Go 4, hooked it up to my Mavic and got a flickering image of what the camera was seeing; so was unable to use it and went back to the old Dji Go app.

Some software glitch?

You guys fix all the bugs and I will download in a few months. Current app is working perfect. Thanks in advance to all you testers. Lol

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: F6Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27