DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4, version 4.1.18 problems

zebmeat

Reactions
Since upgrading iphone 7 to dji go 4, 4.1.18 the enhanced warning zone screen does not allow me to tick the two checkboxes, then confirm, so that I may fly within five miles of a class G airport as I have done many times. The display is somewhat garbled, only showing one checkbox, which, when checked takes me to a privacy screen terms and conditions which when backed out of, returns me to the enhanced warning garbled screen. Can't fly with that. Have called DJI support who said I should hear back from them about this issue within 24 - 48 hours. It appears to me to be a bug in 4.1.18. Anyone else have this issue? Also tried my iPhone 6 running ios 10, same results.

Have you tried logging out of and back into the DJI GO app? Were you logged in to your DJI account at the time?

Reactions: zebmeat
I am having the same issues as zebmeat on an iPhone 5s, that worked smoothly before the update. I am on 4.1.18 and updated three days ago. If you click on the image, that is an overlay on your video feed, it will lead you to the privacy screen and if you come back, you are still unable to tick the boxes to fly in an enhanced warning zone. Please fix this in a new release. I will not update my ipad (use that for flying)

It's been 24 hours and nothing from DJI support. Surprised more people are not reporting and commenting about this issue, which has basically grounded me.

Since I updated using Android I tried to use Waypoints and had strange things happen, like losing signal when within sight, video to the phone lagging or stopping, the drone hovered a while, finally accepting an RTH. No Pano option appeared in camera settings althought that is one reason for the update. Restarted everything and Waypoints went back to working.
UPDATE: Just saw in another thread: For Pano to work firmware update for aircraft to 1.04.1 is also needed and is not out yet.

Last edited:
Yes, FW 1.04.1 update needed for pano, but at this point, I'm waiting for DJI to fix the problem mentioned above. Netfolks2000, have you encountered the problem on Android when attempting to fly in enhanced warning zone?

Yes, FW 1.04.1 update needed for pano, but at this point, I'm waiting for DJI to fix the problem mentioned above. Netfolks2000, have you encountered the problem on Android when attempting to fly in enhanced warning zone?
I'm in a far rural area so don't have any airports ore restricted areas nearby.

Thanks. Would like to know if any others here are having the problem in enhanced warning zones. I will try contacting DJI about this again tomorrow as it's been over 48 hours since my initial contact.

Reactions: Bern_oulli
I have Go 4, 4.1.15 used with Android and it works great. Sorry you are having problems.

HI did a little test, but the issue still remains.. Uploaded a photo to show this..

It may be a good idea if the UI engineers for DJI GO4 have a look at this.. and more imprtant fix this in a next release..

Attachments

• IMG_2441.PNG
    IMG_2441.PNG
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2442.PNG
    IMG_2442.PNG
    317.1 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: zebmeat
Hey Boeropreis, thanks for documenting the issue with screen shot. I noticed you have posted about this issue in DJI forum as well, but I don't see the screenshot on your last post -- possibly because I have yet to sign in with that forum?

I checked with app info
1-phone
2-tablet
3-all in one (phone, tablet & includes file it downloads on first start)
_20171122_130412.JPG _20171122_130605.JPG

These 2 I've cloned so I can use multiple versions
_20171122_130435.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest