DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 video feed laggy/unusable (v3 works fine)

Wenchtram

Reactions
Hello,

Most of my flights with the Mavic thus far have been with DJI GO v3 until recently when I started getting the pop-up about that edition being deprecated in favour of the new v4 app. Since upgrading, the live video feed is so laggy that it is effectively unusable. The connection is regularly dropped entirely for a few seconds and then comes back. Note that the RC connection is perfectly fine - I still have control and full signal strength. I'm using the Android version on a 7" tablet. If I land, switch over to the v3 app and launch again, no problems with the feed at all. Same settings in both apps.

Interestingly, this behaviour appears most pronounced while in-flight. While I've compared the two while idling on the ground, it would appear that there is a just-noticeable difference between the two versions. While in-flight, however, the difference is night-and-day.

Didn't find much else describing this behaviour here in the forums, but did notice a few people mentioning this behaviour in the Google Play store reviews.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to address this?

Thanks.

Strange , I'm on IOS and is fine . Maybe delete and reinstall .

This thread on the DJI official forums, and in particular this post describes this problem much more thoroughly than I have. Unfortunately there is no solution posted (aside from "use the v3 software"). Also, I contacted DJI support, and they had me:
  • Calibrate the gimbal,
  • Calibrate the IMU,
  • Enable USB debug mode on my Android device.
They also suggest re-installing the v4 sofware. Will do this and then flight-test (weather permitting) tomorrow and update.

Strange , I'm on IOS and is fine . Maybe delete and reinstall .

On that note, dirkclod, from what I've found in various forums thus far is that this behaviour is more of a problem with the Android version of the software.

Well maybe they will get it fixed quick W.

Some android devices work better than others. Is your device on the list approved for use by DJI?

The Google Play store clearly states that the software is compatible with all of my devices; if DJI has an official HCL (hardware compatibility list), then it should be applied within Google Play store directly (e.g., support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/1286017?hl=en) which would have prevented me from downloading it in the first place.

A quick Google search for "DJI HCL" produces no relevant results, and I don't see anything on www.dji.com/support/product/mavic. Do you have a reference or source for this list of approved devices?

Thanks!

Go to the Mavic pro web page, and open up specs. At the bottom right under app / live view it lists the approved devices.

msinger has a list in his signature but it seems if the other go app worked go4 would also .
The app did come out first in ios so maybe it's that .

Go to the Mavic pro web page, and open up specs. At the bottom right under app / live view it lists the approved devices.

Ah, good find - thank you!

It is carefully worded as "Recommended Devices", not "Required"; my device (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7) is not a "recommended" device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy