DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4

Jack Ray

Reactions
Looking to buy a dedicated iPad mini for my Mavic pro on go4.
What is the minimum iPad hardware to work

I'm not 100% sure, but this list is pretty up to date I imagine, by our own @msinger

I use a mini 4, and fine it pretty good, fits in the controller arms of the M1P, Spark fine, I imagine fine for the M2s as well.
That's how I fly most times, and just setup the Lifthor mount when I'm flying more than a few batteries, or using the drone through the day.
I also use the Lifthor cable connection USB-1 to lightning.

@bonmot can you explain what did not work with the Ipad M2 ? I have a Mavic Mini and paired it with my Ipad M2 and installed "DJI FLY" and although I did not physically fly the aircraft, I went through the systems and it responded well... is the Ipad M2 maybe compatible with "DJI Fly" and not "DJI Go 4" ?

I use an IPad mini2 with DJI Go 4 with my Air and M2P, works great, no problems.
I wonder what is causing the problems when using the Ipad M2 ? Most do not explain in detail what the issue is. Weird how its ok for some and not for others. Seems it working / not working is common between the Mavic Pro-Air / Mavic Mini and DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly.

I wonder what is causing the problems when using the Ipad M2 ? Most do not explain in detail what the issue is. Weird how its ok for some and not for others. Seems it working / not working is common between the Mavic Pro-Air / Mavic Mini and DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly.
I tried Mini 2 with my Mavic Air - DJI GO4. Couldn't get it to work, even when I forced closure of all the other apps. Very frequent error messages about overtemp and CPU loading - like every few seconds. Choppy video on downlink, and a lot of green blocking, making it unuseable. Tech support kept trying to convince me that the case was just too hot (environment)...it was there even a minute after I came out of an air conditioned house. I suspect that it's just sloppy programming without much attempt to optimize/cleanup, causing higher CPU loading and temperature, which isn't likely to be a problem with a faster processor and more memory that the newer devices have.

I tried Mini 2 with my Mavic Air - DJI GO4. Couldn't get it to work, even when I forced closure of all the other apps. Very frequent error messages about overtemp and CPU loading - like every few seconds. Choppy video on downlink, and a lot of green blocking, making it unuseable. Tech support kept trying to convince me that the case was just too hot (environment)...it was there even a minute after I came out of an air conditioned house. I suspect that it's just sloppy programming without much attempt to optimize/cleanup, causing higher CPU loading and temperature, which isn't likely to be a problem with a faster processor and more memory that the newer devices have.
Mine is the 32GB version, I don't know if the extra storage make a difference or not, but it has always worked great for me.

@bonmot can you explain what did not work with the Ipad M2 ? I have a Mavic Mini and paired it with my Ipad M2 and installed "DJI FLY" and although I did not physically fly the aircraft, I went through the systems and it responded well... is the Ipad M2 maybe compatible with "DJI Fly" and not "DJI Go 4" ?
I actually put DJI Go 4 back to my iPad mini 2 this afternoon. The UI will load. Camera is fine. Response is Ok. The problem happens when you switching between setting windows and when you responses the alert or info boxes. It is slow to show up and slow to take your tap. Sometimes the message box just stays on the screen, but as if it is gone because all other feature still working.
iPad mini 4 response time it great. I don’t feel any lag and no message box left on the screen.
“CPU loading” alert often comes up too.
I wouldn’t trust mini 2 during my flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo