DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go app disconnects from remote repeatedly

Georgegeorge

Reactions
Hi All

I have a new problem in that the DJI Go App closes about every 50 seconds. The remote remains connected to the drone so I can fly the drone back and land it (only by being able to see the drone)

I assume there is a problem with the App or the connection between the app and the remote. I have tried closing all other apps, restarting the phone and putting it in flight mode. Doesn't help. The physical connection between the phone, the cable and the remote is also checked and appears fine.

I have an iphone 6 iOS 11.2

I'm trying my best to update the firmware to VO1.04.0100 However, because the app closes every 50 seconds I can't get past 0%. It took ages to download the update as the app kept closing.

Anyone else had a similar problem or can suggest a solution? Can the firmware be upgraded using DJI Assistant (If so, how as when I open DJI assistant I don't know how to connect it to the Drone?)

Any help would be really appreciated as I have spent ages faffing on this now and gotten nowhere

Thanks
George

Also, If I delete the app and re-install it, would that delete my flight records and stats, or is that stored remotely in my DJI account?

EDIT So deleted the app and re-installed it and it seems to fixed the problem so far.

I tried to sync my flight records but since the app would only stay open for 50 seconds, it was impossible. So I took a screen shot of my hours flied etc and then just sacraficed them. Bit annoying but certainly a first world problem

EDIT So deleted the app and re-installed it and it seems to fixed the problem so far.

I tried to sync my flight records but since the app would only stay open for 50 seconds, it was impossible. So I took a screen shot of my hours flied etc and then just sacraficed them. Bit annoying but certainly a first world problem

Hi, iv been flying the mavic for about half hour today no problem at all. Then all of a sudden dji go 4 app kept crashing aswell. Re-downloaded it, seems fine for an hour then BAM !! Crashes again and again and again !!

Have the same issue like described before. Use an iPad 5th generation with iOS 11.2.
Every 50 seconds the app is collapsing!
Can I install an older version on the iPad?

Maybe there is still an issue when used with IOS 11.2..??
I have only 15 flights, new user...
But I have latest DJI GO 4 App / Firmware, but I'm still on IOS 10.3 on iPad Mini4
Not had a single issue.

I spent half an hour or so flying my new Mavic today. iPhone 7 with not-quite-the-latest iOS 11. App kept disconnecting. Fine if I'm just practising, but clearly no good if I want to capture some footage as I can't see where the camera is pointing.

Hope this can be fixed soon as I'm currently the owner of a £1,000 paperweight. I might just as well fly my Syma around.

Not happy.

Like so many others I have been having the same trouble. I have been losing camera and data connection repeatedly; sometimes it would take a minute or so, and other times it would take several minutes. Tried firmware, turning off cellular(iPhone 7 plus), and changing locations to no avail. I have always been able to control the drone though as long as I could see it, which has been always, as per the regs. Finally today I tried another cable, and it was the first time I’ve had no trouble. I used an apple USB cable plugged into the bottom center of the remote control, and this fixed the problem. If the problem reappears I will post as such. Also, I had to unplug the data cable from the left side of the remote. Another corollary benefit: I have been removing my phone case each time I wanted to fly the drone in order to make it fit into the remote control clamps, but after I used the other cable, I leave the case on and just squeeze the whole thing between the clamps sufficiently enough to hold it in place. Seemed to be fine.

Reactions: Drakenn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock