DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO app went black during flight, mavic lost

stekki

Reactions
Hi,

Just wondering, the dji app went black during flight, instead of pushing on HOME button on the RC, I pushed LAND :(. I don't know where my drone is now. Flight data in app shows information till screen went black. Not the landing spot.

Can I retrieve landing coordinates from the RC? I want to retrieve it :(.

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondering, the dji app went black during flight, instead of pushing on HOME button on the RC, I pushed LAND :(. I don't know where my drone is now. Flight data in app shows information till screen went black. Not the landing spot.

Can I retrieve landing coordinates from the RC? I want to retrieve it :(.

Thanks
Have you tried the find my drone feature in the app.

OK, I have the fatal.log from the controller. I see there are some steps one can take, but it is meant for a windows computer I think

On my android version of go 4, if you click find my drone , it will give you the last known coordinents before losing signal or battery goes dead, even if several days have past. You should try it now.....

On my android version of go 4, if you click find my drone , it will give you the last known coordinents before losing signal or battery goes dead, even if several days have past. You should try it now.....
Hi, thanks for your answer, even if app went black? After the blackout the drone flew further, but there are no traces in the app. That's what frustrating, I have logs till the blackout :s

You can pull down the .txt from your phone or tablet. There are several posts on this site that will guide you in both pulling down the .txt and how to post/upload it so others can view it.

Curious, how far out were you. Did the controller still have communication with the Mavic? If so you still had good info from the screen on the controller showing distance out and height. But if it was out beyond VLOS, I realize flying back even with that data can be difficult.

The RTH button on the controller might have also been a possibility, if you still had RC comm.

This post shares info on how to upload data.

Mavic Pro dropped out of the sky

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
all, thanks for your answers. I will clarify a bit, when I say, the app went black, I suppose it was videofeed... There was still the possibility to use the land now button on the screen. I will try to get the TXT files asap.

The mavic was not far at all, reason I did not see it was because of trees between me and the mavic. Not far at all. When the videofeed blacked out, I wanted to push on RTH but in moment of stress I pushed Land... No clue where it landed. When I go look into the app, flightrecords, last coordinates I see are the place where the videofeed stopped (I think...) I went looking that place very long without finding my drone. I suspect it went further and landed somewhere else.
As said, I will try to pull the TXT file asap and come back with it!!!

OK, got more info! I pulled the flightrecords and flightlogs from my app. Last TXT file shows the point where I lost connection with the app. BUT, on flightlog, there is one more file (dat file) that recorded 10 minutes after my last flightrecord.... So, I suspect that there is more info in the dat file. Any idea how to read or convert that dat file? I uploaded the TXT from that flight.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-28_[21-26-38].txt
    918 KB · Views: 25
OK, got more info! I pulled the flightrecords and flightlogs from my app. Last TXT file shows the point where I lost connection with the app. BUT, on flightlog, there is one more file (dat file) that recorded 10 minutes after my last flightrecord.... So, I suspect that there is more info in the dat file. Any idea how to read or convert that dat file? I uploaded the TXT from that flight.

How long after the app died did you press the "land" button?

Post that DAT file also - just in case it does have useful information.

Change the extension to .txt, then it will let you upload.
Here u go.... This is the only file I see after videofeed was gone. This is a flightlog, not a flightrecord. Timestamp is 10min after the flightrecord, could be correct because battery was low between loss of app and the timestamp of this file.

Attachments

• 2018-05-28 21_38_43-08RDDC100101Q1.txt
    53 bytes · Views: 20
Here u go.... This is the only file I see after videofeed was gone. This is a flightlog, not a flightrecord. Timestamp is 10min after the flightrecord, could be correct because battery was low between loss of app and the timestamp of this file.

Right - that's not a flight DAT. Back to the control question - did you give it any control inputs after the app disconnected but prior to pressing the "land" button?

Right - that's not a flight DAT. Back to the control question - did you give it any control inputs after the app disconnected but prior to pressing the "land" button?
Correct, not a FLY dat file, but this dat file was found under the flight logs. To answer your question, yes, my drone flew around 10 minutes after the incident. If that is what you mean with control input?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54