DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI go map not showing direction

moswissa

Reactions
Hello guys, so this might be hard to explain...

I’ve had my mavic pro for 3 years now, never had an issue. I’m in Hawaii right now. I noticed that the map on the bottom left corner is acting strange. The green line that points to the drone used to help me know where to point my controller in order to get the best signal but now that green line is fixed in place. When I click on the map, it does show Accurately where the drone is. I tried locking and unlocking position and it doesn’t make a different. I upgraded the app and drone firmware and the problem still persists. Any suggestions??

Your device may have a bad compass. When the map is unlocked, it should spin around RC point as you spin around.

Be sure you have location services enabled and in most precise mode that includes GPS.

What are you using for a mobile device?

Your device may have a bad compass. When the map is unlocked, it should spin around RC point as you spin around.

Be sure you have location services enabled and in most precise mode that includes GPS.

What are you using for a mobile device?

It’s the iPhone X. The location services are enabled. It does not spin around anymore, but it does show the accurate location of the Rc and I can follow the green line home but hard to tell where the location is. I’ve never had this problem in 3 years and I do not recall any changes to settings.

If you mean that you have just taken this Mavic to Hawaii, then this could be a case of a compass calibration being required? Note that the compass in your mobile device may also be out and require a calibration too ...

If you mean that you have just taken this Mavic to Hawaii, then this could be a case of a compass calibration being required? Note that the compass in your mobile device may also be out and require a calibration too ...

I calibrated it’s so many times so I gave up and just am started updating all the firmware on the RC and app. Doesn’t work.

I just my iPhone for Google maps GPS when driving and all is fine.

It’s just so odd that this randomly changed. It’s annoying

With Google maps it can determine direction by GPS rather than compass when you're moving. It's when you're not really moving that it needs the compass.

You can download a compass app to check that.

With Google maps it can determine direction by GPS rather than compass when you're moving. It's when you're not really moving that it needs the compass.

You can download a compass app to check that.

I just flew it again now, still not showing the green line spinning around my home point. So annoying because I don’t know line of sight. I’ll download the compass app now and see if it fixes it.

Ok I downloaded the app, is it supposed to rotate? Lol it’s just stuck like this...

This phone is 2 weeks only. iPhone X replacement from apple

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23