DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji GO or Dji GO4????

The best app is the app that meets your needs. For many people, that's DJI GO. For others, that's one of the 3rd party apps listed here.

Reactions: clintmeister
Hi ,

Whats the best app to use for mavic pro?
I see a lot of app crashing comments under android Dji GO4 app.
Any experience?

Martin

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app

For me, that depends on whether you're on android. I'm on both - when on android I actually use Go 3.01 which still has google maps and aircraft follow on the map etc. Works beautifully. If I'm using my iPhone though, I tend to use the most up to date Go version, as they seem to work nicely out of the box with iOS. My favourite is still the older version of Go though. Can't beat tap to focus and none of that horrible auto focus mullarkey!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Andrew F
Can't beat tap to focus and none of that horrible auto focus mullarkey!
Why is it horrible? Does the jitter of seeking focus show up in the video? And, can you still tap to focus on something outside of the center if you want?

Reactions: rcheli9
TBH it doesn't show up that much but I can see it and it happens v regularly. I was very happy tapping as I like the control, having said that a lot of people hated it. Horses for courses I suppose!

I think I would prefer auto, but I can definitely understand wanting that control. Why won't DJI allow users more options for basic functions like this. They could easily make a setting that allows the user to select between auto/manual focus. Just like they could easily give the option to select between constant beep vs 1 beep per minute for RTH and low battery (or some other less annoying option). DJI just knows what is best for us whether we like it or not.

Reactions: Wacker2611
The auto focus can be disabled in the camera settings and set to manual focus instead...

Reactions: Allram
The auto focus can be disabled in the camera settings and set to manual focus instead...

That's interesting, I must have a dabble with my settings. For some reason when I set it for manual focus I can use the slider, but tap to focus doesn't seem to work. I'll revisit it.

I think I would prefer auto, but I can definitely understand wanting that control. Why won't DJI allow users more options for basic functions like this. They could easily make a setting that allows the user to select between auto/manual focus. Just like they could easily give the option to select between constant beep vs 1 beep per minute for RTH and low battery (or some other less annoying option). DJI just knows what is best for us whether we like it or not.
I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the beeping your mention.

The best app is the app that meets your needs. For many people, that's DJI GO. For others, that's one of the 3rd party apps listed here.

Msinger you have built a great resource with the Mavic help website. It would be great if you could use HTML anchors in your references to that it takes you right to the section of the website you are referring to. Love your site. Just my 2¢. How to Create a Link to Jump to a Specific Part of a Page [Quick Tip]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I too have been struggling with deciding which app to use. Have been using the old version but have the 4 installed on my phone. Going to try it out tomorrow for the first time... Havent been entirely happy with the old version... Or maybe it the new firmware, not sure yet haha

Msinger you have built a great resource with the Mavic help website. It would be great if you could use HTML anchors in your references to that it takes you right to the section of the website you are referring to.
I do use anchors. The link in my quoted comment above has an anchor.

For some reason when I click on your links it takes me to the top of the page. Maybe it's something on my end. Love your site.

Reactions: SeaFox and rcheli9
I fixed it. There was an issue when redirecting to the mobile version of the site. Thanks!

Hi ,

Whats the best app to use for mavic pro?
I see a lot of app crashing comments under android Dji GO4 app.
Any experience?

Martin

Sent from my SM-N910F using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm still using DJI Go 3.0.1 on Android instead of the newer versions for the simple reason that DJI still hasn't fixed the map, which is still stuck on the home point instead of following the aircraft... DJI Go 3.0.1 also uses Google Maps instead of Here Maps, which means it's more detailed/recent and allows you to zoom in much further..

Reactions: Wacker2611
Just a quick update on DJI Go 3.0.1 with the latest firmware 1.0.3, 6 Dec 2016....

Had a flight this morning on my Mavic using DJI Go 3.0.1 and realised that the short-cut buttons, C1, C2, and the 5 way button no longer works with the new firmware... Clicking on C1 or C2 brings up the camera/video configuration screen. The 5 way button does not do anything at all, regardless of what is defined in DJI Go 3.0.1...

I then tried flying with the latest version of DJI Go 4 on android, and the short-cut buttons works as defined in DJI Go 4.. Also found out that the Here map in DJI Go 4 now follows the aircraft, but unfortunately, the map is just a complete blur with no map details to discern where you actually are on the map... Zooming in doesn't change anything at all.. Pretty useless map actually... Just wish DJI had stayed with Google maps instead of switching...

I switched over to the new 4 and it eliminated most issues I was having which were all minor

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead