DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AgentOrange2015

Reactions
Does anyone know if you can wear your prescription glasses comfortably with the Goggles? Was also wandering if DJI might have Diopter Lenses to install inside the Goggles so that glasses would not be required? There are a great many of us that actually have to wear glasses to see anything clearly so in my Professional Opinion, it would behoove DJI to take this into consideration.

Reactions: Palinuro
Does anyone know if you can wear your prescription glasses comfortably with the Goggles? Was also wandering if DJI might have Diopter Lenses to install inside the Goggles so that glasses would not be required? There are a great many of us that actually have to wear glasses to see anything clearly so in my Professional Opinion, it would behoove DJI to take this into consideration.
The instructions and press release state they can be worn with glasses, I hope so; I wear glasses.

Yes you can. There is a dude on YouTube with the googles and he answers the glasses question.

Thanks for letting me know, really appreciate the Feedbacik

Great! I can't wait to try/get some. I tried about 5 sets and returned them all - even the Zeiss, did not fit my glasses properly. Currently out of the USA and the price here is far higher, so have to wait until I can spend 2 minutes with some to make sure they suit etc. Thanks again for the input!

Reactions: CEDRIXXX
Glasses fit just fine---however, if you require a reading correction (near sighted) in addition to correcting for far distance you have bifocals or progressive lenses. In this case, you won't be able to use your Rx lenses very well because the bottom view will be in focus but the top view won't. You will need to get "reading glasses" for the Goggles and swap back to your prescription pair when not using the Goggles. Going from Goggles to your controller for a quick look will be ok since the controller is close to your eyes (2 feet or so).

How far out would the distance of bottom Vs Top of the screen be? E.g. I have progressives (3 fields!) Which cover different distances...

Awesome input , thanks for the guidance. Since I wear progressive lenses I think it is now mandatory to have a pair in hand before deciding next steps. Have to say the Ziess did not distort with my lenses, but was too uncomfortable to wear....

Yes, glasses are not a problem. Have seen plenty of guys in our showroom testing them out with glasses and no problem at all.

Hold some small print 9" to 12" in front of your face. Can you read that clearly? This seems to be the focal distance ability required to use the goggles. So if you can't read the small print, you will likely need reading glasses to use the goggles.

A note/issue when wearing glasses, at least in my case. Even though there are cutouts in the soft rubber seal, when wearing glasses the side temple frame holds the seal open and causes light and subsequent glare on the screen. Not readily obvious indoors but when outside in bright light it is distracting. Had to rig some foam pieces attached to the inside of the frame to block out the light.

Last edited:
Made a trip to WalMart today. Got the entire spectrum of reading glasses w/ 90-day rtn. policy. The 3.0 makes goggles look crystal clear. Problem solved (for now).

I wear bifocals and they work fine with mine. I wouldn't say they are comfortable but they aren't so uncomfortable that I can't get thru an hours worth of flying with them. I definitely will be looking for a smaller pair of cheaters to wear with them.

I wear progressive and they don't for me. tried taking goggles to local eye glass store and tried reading glasses and nothing worked. The guy at the store seemed to think with an eye exam and the doctor knowing what I was looking to see and how close it was, he thought it was possible. Being 3.00 was the highest rated readers he had I tried an experiment at home, I tried putting my extra pair of progressive glasses in front of my regular pair of progressive glasses. It was a little foggy just looking out through them but when I put the goggles on I could see better than just a regular single prescription progressive glasses. So taking that lesson I stopped by Wal-Mart tonight and tried a pair of 3.00 reading glasses and put them in front of my progressive glasses and tried focusing on print 3-5' in front of me and no luck. Looks like I'll be getting an eye exam soon and some specialty glasses for drone flight. Now if I can just get them to stay on my head better and seal the air gaps around the bottom I'll be in business.

I wear near corrective glasses for 'presbicia' problem. But with my habitual glasses, I can't focus googles image correctly. I had to buy a special glasses to see the googles image well. I have 1 diopter prescription. But I need a glasses with 3 diopters to see the DJI googles correctly.

I wear near corrective glasses for 'presbicia' problem. But with my habitual glasses, I can't focus googles image correctly. I had to buy a special glasses to see the googles image well. I have 1 diopter prescription. But I need a glasses with 3 diopters to see the DJI googles correctly.

same "problem" for me.

I decided to visit my VA eye doctor/clinic and took a pair of Eachine Goggles with me so the tech who does the ordering could understand what i was needing for glasses and the goggles. He immediately understood what I was needing and he ordered up a pair of small framed reading glasses to coincide with my prescription they Eye Doctor had wrote up for me. Only cost me 31.00 including tax. The glasses are for reading but will work good enough for me to seen the screen inside the goggles. Normally I wear tri-focals, so the technician did some figuring and was able to come up with the magnification I would need for reading only a few inches from my eyes. Now I am waiting on the DJI goggles to show up so I can see if the glasses work like I hope they do. I highly suggest using your Optometrist and let him help everyone with the glasses you need for seeing the screen inside the Goggles and be sure to take a set of Goggles with you so he/she understands exactly what your wanting. That way, if he/she gets it wrong, you might get the next pair free of charge. Good Luck Everyone.

He is my solution for those who need glasses for reading but want to be able to flip up the goggles for a quick view of the controller or drone without having to remove your glasses each time. Simple solution that works for me.
DJI Goggles Modified for Glasses Wearers - RC Groups

Very good solution. I'm just waiting the reading glasses from amazon!!!

I try to incorporate a DIY support in 3d to attach the glasses to DJI Googles.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura