DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles - Cooling fan.

Nephiliam

Reactions
Hi from OZ... does anyone know If the DJI goggles have a cooling fan in them? I live in the tropics so the humidity in the wet season is very high and this fogs the lenses.

This was an issues that I had with my fatsharks so I brought the faceplate with the cooling fan and it worked a treat.

I've scoured the net the manual and yt but no mention of a fan. I would hope that with a low max operating temp of 40deg C a fan would assist in cooling and provide airflow, I'm sure our weather in not unique.

Cheers

Yes it does have a fan and DJI states that they do not fog up.
Is this true? We will know when Cyberpower does his one hour in depth review on YouTube. I am expecting a full tear down to be included :p That way I can get mine while he's figuring out how to put his back together:D

Rob

Reactions: BillinAnchorage
Yes it does have a fan and DJI states that they do not fog up.
Is this true? We will know when Cyberpower does his one hour in depth review on YouTube. I am expecting a full tear down to be included :p That way I can get mine while he's figuring out how to put his back together:D

Rob
I already tore my Mavic apart and put it back together. Don't think I can't do the same with my Mavic. ;)

I already tore my Mavic apart and put it back together. Don't think I can't do the same with my Mavic. ;)

Hmm is that a Cryptic dodge to my challenge. We want Goggles torn down so we can read the IC numbers:eek: not a second Mavic Tear down:p

Rob

Reactions: Soundtekk
My HTC Vive lenses do not fog even when they're enclosed and you're moving and sweating, but my Gear VR lenses fog as soon as I put them on even when doing nothing e.g. sitting in a bed...
So it's not really an airflow problem, but a lens coating matter. Fatsharks just took the easy and probably cheap way of using a fan as a workaround instead of doing proper lens coatings. Can hope the DJI goggles will have lenses treated correctly.

They have a cooling fan but don't think it is for keeping the display screens from fogging but is more to cool the electronics inside the headset.

I'm declining your challenge as these have optic lenses, and man do I sick with those.

Just kidding you. You would be crazy to tear them down unless they developed a problem. I wonder that the Achilles Heel will be with the Goggles?

Almost every DJI product has a notable weak spot that breaks. With the Phantoms I think it was the arms, with the mavic the gimbal.

The goggles its??

Rob

Just kidding you. You would be crazy to tear them down unless they developed a problem. I wonder that the Achilles Heel will be with the Goggles?

Almost every DJI product has a notable weak spot that breaks. With the Phantoms I think it was the arms, with the mavic the gimbal.

The goggles its??

Rob

I thought one of the review, perhaps Tech Tom, reported lenses fogging up. The one thing I'm really concerned about is the range compared to the controller. The goggles are less directional with the 360 degree antenna, so it's difficult to imagine the range can be as good as the controller which has bi-directional antennas. Very interested to get my hands on them and test. I also want to see how they handle having a powerful boosted controller and having the range exceeded for it's own connection to the mavic.

I thought one of the review, perhaps Tech Tom, reported lenses fogging up. The one thing I'm really concerned about is the range compared to the controller. The goggles are less directional with the 360 degree antenna, so it's difficult to imagine the range can be as good as the controller which has bi-directional antennas. Very interested to get my hands on them and test. I also want to see how they handle having a powerful boosted controller and having the range exceeded for it's own connection to the mavic.
Specs state that it has the same range as the RC so makes me think the signals are somehow routed thru the RC...

The goggles its??

Rob
Probably the connector. The front will just fall off mid-flight. :p

Specs state that it has the same range as the RC so makes me think the signals are somehow routed thru the RC...

No, it makes it's own connection to the Mavic. It can be a slave device without having the 2nd slave controller. The Master and Slave links have independent connections.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_