DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI goggles for pilot with Prescription lense

Marc0419

Reactions
Hi, anyone have problem viewing DJI goggles with prescription lens? I am using a progressive lens. Other than using a separate reading glass is there any solution? why the goggles not designed for people wearing prescription lens? Design similar to my gear VR where the lens can move back and forward.

Reactions: Marc0419
Another option is to 3D print the lens holders if you have access to a printer.
I printed out the snap-in frames and used a Dremel on a pair of plastic lens readers from the drug store to fit them.

IMG_4538.jpg

Reactions: Marc0419
Hi, anyone have problem viewing DJI goggles with prescription lens? I am using a progressive lens. Other than using a separate reading glass is there any solution? why the goggles not designed for people wearing prescription lens? Design similar to my gear VR where the lens can move back and forward.
Hello - just received my goggles yesterday and have the same issue. Sadly, after reviewing all the comments and researching various websites I've come to the conclusion that using any form of corrective snap-on or wearable lenses will not solve the real issue for me when I want to flip up the goggles to see normally with my glasses. Based on the Peter Homer video on the Focus Fixers website and information on their FAQ area, it's very "iffy" if I could even wear my glasses while using the Focus Fixers. For me, that's a deal breaker and wish DJI would at least make buyers aware of the issue prior to making the purchase. Keeping my glasses in my pocket to try to put on & off is not a solution for me as I want to be in control at all times when flying. There are a lot of comments on the various forums from people that evidently are unaware how progressive lenses work. Again,I'm no expert, but that's my two cents. I'd love it if someone proves me wrong and there is a solution. I'll wait a day or two hoping for that but will probably end up returning my goggles and hoping for improvements and updates in future models.

Sorry you are having problems. I too wear progressive lens and understand exactly what you are saying. You might not like my solution but it really does work for me and it really isn't a big deal at all. I am able to wear my glasses and fly with the goggles however it just isn't as sharp and focused as it should be. However....I can focus the goggles perfectly without my glasses. If you can focus the goggles without your glasses it is not really a big problem at all to just keep your glasses in your breast pocket or on a leash around your neck. Its not like flying an airplane where it is moving all the time. When it is time to go visual, just take set your controller down. (the Mavic will hover) and put your glasses on then continue. As you get more experienced you will find that you will probably be under your goggles like 95% of the time anyway. The goggles are really worth it. I hope you can make them work for you.

I can not read without glasses and I wear progressive lens daily. Googles were worthless and way out of focus. Inexpensive readers from my local drug store really helped but were cumbersome and annoying. I followed the guide on The DJI site and for a reasonable price purchased and installed the lenses, that fit perfect, and now it’s as clear as a bell.

Reactions: MrMavic
I bought them at the DJI store. .2 is what I would use for just reading but ordered .3 Which is stronger but considering how close the display is worked out great for me.

Hello - just received my goggles yesterday and have the same issue. Sadly, after reviewing all the comments and researching various websites I've come to the conclusion that using any form of corrective snap-on or wearable lenses will not solve the real issue for me when I want to flip up the goggles to see normally with my glasses. Based on the Peter Homer video on the Focus Fixers website and information on their FAQ area, it's very "iffy" if I could even wear my glasses while using the Focus Fixers. For me, that's a deal breaker and wish DJI would at least make buyers aware of the issue prior to making the purchase. Keeping my glasses in my pocket to try to put on & off is not a solution for me as I want to be in control at all times when flying. There are a lot of comments on the various forums from people that evidently are unaware how progressive lenses work. Again,I'm no expert, but that's my two cents. I'd love it if someone proves me wrong and there is a solution. I'll wait a day or two hoping for that but will probably end up returning my goggles and hoping for improvements and updates in future models.

I absolutely LOVE the focus fixers! Please try them before you return the goggles. I use the #5 power lenses and fly without my glasses which are prescription #4 and the resolution of the goggles is stunning!! I wear my prescription glasses on a lanyard and on occasion will flip up the goggles; and put the glasses on to check my surroundings. Absolutely try the focus fixers, just be sure to get 1 power above your normal glasses and it really is amazing how much you feel like you're inside the cockpit of the quad. - Bud

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98