DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles red light of death

DJI DelBoy

Reactions
So I got my cousin to bring over the DJI Goggles from Canada - I'm living in Mauritius temporarily after having taken a break from life in London, England - and it charged up fine.

The problem started when DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop refused to detect the Goggles when I tried to activate them. Unplugging the USB cable and plugging them back in did not work nor did restarting DJI assistant.

Because I was busy with visiting family I left the Goggles for about a week unused before successfully activating it via my Mavic and DJI Go on my iPhone.

Within 5mins of it being on and activated I noticed the fully charged battery had gone down to 5% (that's after 1 week of no use - and only about 10mins of trying to activate it on the 1st start up). Needles to say the Goggles hit 0% and there's a bright red light showing on the headband when I try to charge it. Only 1 green light is flashing on the side of the eyepiece.

How can the battery go from fine to not wanting to hold a charge in 1 week? Is there something I can do to maybe reset it?

Nope. Best case, the FW on the goggles wasn't correctly calibrated to the battery's voltages. So the recharge should help fix that. Worst case, the battery is bad and the unit needs to be replaced.

Do you have a case for the goggles? The case I have is so snug that it will press the battery button and turn on the goggles causing them to run down. To avoid this, the case manufacturer supplies a small rubber piece that you attach to the case that prevents the button from getting pressed.

Do you have a case for the goggles? The case I have is so snug that it will press the battery button and turn on the goggles causing them to run down. To avoid this, the case manufacturer supplies a small rubber piece that you attach to the case that prevents the button from getting pressed.
I use the Mavic Sling

Okay, so I tried to charge it and somehow I got lucky and was able to get it to fully charge. It's really odd that after its 1st charge, and only about 10mins of it being on, the battery dropped to almost completely dead after only a week of inactivity.

Ain't this supposed to last at least 5-6hrs before it needs to be charged again? I tested it today and it worked but I'm worried about whether there is a battery or software issue.

No, I haven't gotten round to getting a case and keep it on a shelf at home for the time being.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi