DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Standard and Mavic 2 Pro

DarthSLR

Reactions
I have not tried any goggles yet, but I'm really interested.
Will DJI Standard ones will be a good choice? Or is there anything substantially better for the same price range? (not interested in racing, hence not considering RE)
I wear glasses (I'm myopic, -5/-7), so not sure if I'd be able to use them to their fullest potential...

I have not tried any goggles yet, but I'm really interested.
Will DJI Standard ones will be a good choice? Or is there anything substantially better for the same price range? (not interested in racing, hence not considering RE)
I wear glasses (I'm myopic, -5/-7), so not sure if I'd be able to use them to their fullest potential...

You will need the glasses to see the screen, even those of us with mature eyes will need readers as there isnt a focus adjustment on the basic white DJI goggles :(. But when adjusted right, they are very nice and the head sensitive controls and touch pad work well on it for controlling the M2P.

Reactions: DarthSLR
From optics there is no difference between the two goggles versions.
But the RE version also supports Ocusync2 5.8ghz transmission instead of 2.4ghz only on the standard version.
I am not sure if true for Ocusync, but the RE version shall also support storing the video feed on its local SD card. In contrast, the original version can only store screenshots.
There is no other goggles option for Ocusync on the market.

Reactions: Kilrah
From what i read the RE are mainly if you want to feed the googgles with a non DJI video feed from a racing quad.... they allow you to switch and tune in your own transmitter if you maybe use a dji for photog and have a racing quad aswell... thats why i picked the RE - pretty sure it wont be long till i wanna try a racing quad for fun :) save me buying another pair of gogs.

Pretty new but had a few flights with the gogs - theyre pretty amazing for situational awareness - its faster changing settings on the iphone/controller so i find myself quickly making a gap in the bottom of the view and looking down to the iphone - but its easy enough to do.
Only thing that bugs me so far is that when the goggles are online - the C1/2 buttons on the back seem to adjust to some of the goggle settings instead of the controller presets so im yet to work out how to alter that - im sure its easy!

The worst issue for me is lack of focus control- you can’t easily share them with others if you modify them for your own eyes.

Also, too bad they don’t show true 3D- but that would be super expensive for a stereo camera/transmitter setup on the drone and in the headset.

The worst issue for me is lack of focus control- you can’t easily share them with others if you modify them for your own eyes.

Also, too bad they don’t show true 3D- but that would be super expensive for a stereo camera/transmitter setup on the drone and in the headset.
How do you modify them for your eyes to begin with?
Also, can someone please measure and post the distance from the screen to eyes? I would hate to spend nearly $500 only to realize the screen is too close to my poor old eyes for me to see. In my case, I can see at 4" (10.5cm), but any closer (even a meager 1/4") and it all gets blurred fast...

Also, can someone please measure and post the distance from the screen to eyes? I would hate to spend nearly $500 only to realize the screen is too close to my poor old eyes for me to see. In my case, I can see at 4" (10.5cm), but any closer (even a meager 1/4") and it all gets blurred fast...

They will be blurry for you. Readers or inserts will solve it. I just wear readers, but here is a more permanent solution that will only work for one person settings- Use the pull down menu to select the power you need:

DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses (+2.0D) - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)

Last edited:
They will be blurry for you. Readers or inserts will solve it. I just wear readers, but here is a more permanent solution that will only work for one person settings- Use the pull down menu to select the power you need:

DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses (+2.0D) - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States)
Thank you!
I am, in fact, myopic (shortsighted), about -6/-5. I'm wearing progressives, which work fine for both work (computer) and walk/drive, but the shortest distance I can see at all, glasses or not, is 4". Anything closer, and das ist kaput.

its actually about 10.5 cm from the eye to the back of the goggle - but the screen when wearing them (it sounds odd) feels about 20cm away. If i put my hand where i feel the focus is its about double the physical - im sure thats the optic but it feels in no way to my eyes like its anything like focusing at 10.5 so i wouldnt use that as your measure. (a page of writing at 10.5 is a mess for me and my eyes are pretty good). Once the camera view is up its clear as a bell. I would think a good brick and mortar store would let you try before you buy... im a tad short sighted -1/-0.75 but not too bad...

Pic attached - cant tell where the screen is but thats my guess from the eye to the screen.

Attachments

• goggle measure.jpg
    goggle measure.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 20
its actually about 10.5 cm from the eye to the back of the goggle - but the screen when wearing them (it sounds odd) feels about 20cm away. If i put my hand where i feel the focus is its about double the physical - im sure thats the optic but it feels in no way to my eyes like its anything like focusing at 10.5 so i wouldnt use that as your measure. (a page of writing at 10.5 is a mess for me and my eyes are pretty good). Once the camera view is up its clear as a bell. I would think a good brick and mortar store would let you try before you buy... im a tad short sighted -1/-0.75 but not too bad...

Pic attached - cant tell where the screen is but thats my guess from the eye to the screen.
Thank you very much for the detailed response. I actually ordered RE version, should have it tomorrow, will report back how it works for me (or not).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi