DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI goggles with Chrome cast

James Perkins

Reactions
Sorry if this is redundant. I did a quick search and saw nothing on using Chrome cast directly with the goggles.
I bought a cable adapter for HDMI to HDMI micro to fit the goggle input. The Chrome cast can then be plugged in to that cable and powered with any small USB battery charger. The cable to the charger is about 12" long and I haven't optimized a way to secure both the chrome cast and battery to avoid any imbalance of the goggles so I have just draped them over my head for now . The input is recognized in the HDMI source on the goggles and plays nicely. I have a new interest in using the goggles after I got the snap-in lens focus correctors.View attachment 25472View attachment 25473

Also youa can cast the go4 app from your android ..it looks pretty good.. but lag can get bad and gets
aggrevating

I had a idea last night or maybe i read about it sumwere. I even went to best buy and bought a usb x lan adapter.. and i tottally forget wtf the big plan was!! Dam , getting old is tuff

I tried such connection:
Mavic Air ---wireless---> RC <---microUSB--- Android smartphone with running applications: GO4 & EZcast (for screen sharing) ---Wi-Fi---> EZcast/Chromecast dongle --> HDMI --> Goggles RE
So it's possible to have normal connection of smartphone to the RC and parallel transmitting the screen view from the smartphone to the Goggles.
BUT the lags in video are very irritating!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000