DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles worth it?

cleavpa

Reactions
Hi All

Just after some general feedback on the DJI goggles. Is it worth the $750 AUD or would i be better off waiting for upgraded technology? cheers in advance.
Paul

Personally, I think they're not worth it. Mainly because the goggles themselves are just as big as the mavic itself. Defeats the portability, gives more sh8 to pack. Don't listen to me though, 'cause for one, I don't own the goggles, and 2; I dont fly just for fun. I do it to add an angle to my videos.

Ask the question again at the end of the month when more people have had a chance to use them.

In a review I heard a consideration: Fatsharks cost about the same price or more with a lower resolution and a smaller display. They have less features not being dynamically connected, they don't have a TouchPad that can control functions of the drone. Staying at the current market standards they should cost $800 or more as many were initially expecting.
Long story short, yes they are worth it, especially if you compare them to what is now available around for FPV.

One more thing, even considering a professional usage in some conditions goggles are a must, if you live in Australia and especially if you live in the north the sun is most of the days very bright and gives you hard time to see anything in a phone or a tablet. I live now in northern Brazil and like when I was in Australia the sun is **** bright making me loose a lot of details that I cannot see even on a very large 9.7 inch tablet with a marvelous oled display. Every time that I look at my footages on my laptop back home I swear : " o goodness! If I had the goggles I would not have missed this!"

Reactions: sacballa
I did so but it was terribly lagging and lots of distortion of the image, I had a bad experience with litchi FPV and I felt it unreliable.

Reactions: ddimkin
I ain't gonna purchase a set unless I will first test a pair, once a shop/dealer will have them on stock, so that I could walk in and play a bit. Just don't feel comfortable buying stuff like that by means of other people's hype, awe & satisfaction standards.

Once I decided to buy the Mavic I was aware that I was throwing myself into a ecosystem, the goggles were already announced and since the price is reasonable... If I don't like them I am sure that I can sell them for more than what I paid.

...I was in Australia the sun is **** bright making me loose a lot of details that I cannot see even on a very large 9.7 inch tablet with a marvelous oled display. Every time that I look at my footages on my laptop back home I swear : " o goodness! If I had the goggles I would not have missed this!"

Couldn't agree more. Ordered mine two days ago and can't wait for them to arrive :)

Reactions: PaoloOne
As an interim and multi-faceted solution I purchased the Glyphs off Ebay for 450 NIB and enjoyed them in FPV and on numerous Commercial Airline flights where they really shine. I'm in-line for the DJI goggles but am happy now with what I have and know I can re-sell these for every penny I have in them.
d

Only speculation at this point since I do not have my set yet but my opinion is that they are worth it. I currently fly but am overly cautious about how close I fly to things mainly because I have a difficult time judging this based off of the iPad Mini display and when the sun is bright, it compounds the issue. I do have a MavMount setup and a Hi-Aerial hood setup that works well but I still don't get that immersive experience I am longing for. Based off of the few videos of the lucky few who have them already, they appear to meet my needs. So I am cautiously optimistic that they will be a great addition to my setup and further improve my overall experience. Worst case is they will be used for others to view while I fly if they turn out to not be what I am looking for.....

I was already excited, this review made me even more, seems genuine and I really like this guys:

Their resolution is much higher than fatsharks and the like, but their lag is also 10x more. You can't really compare them. For flying a race quad through trees you need the fatsharks. If your Mavic is flying itself and you are trying to line up a shot, the DJI googels are king.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_