DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles worth the $100 off?

Buy.buy.buy! I always fly with the goggles on, wouldnt do it any other way. Once you've mastered FPV you will never go back to the 'conventional' way of flying. Taking photos and videos is a breeze with the goggles on, they allow perfect alignment and composure for the shot. Also there is no intrusive light leak and sun reflections which all tabs and phones suffer from.
The 'being in the pilot seat' aspect never disappoints.

Buy.buy.buy! I always fly with the goggles on, wouldnt do it any other way. Once you've mastered FPV you will never go back to the 'conventional' way of flying. Taking photos and videos is a breeze with the goggles on, they allow perfect alignment and composure for the shot. Also there is no intrusive light leak and sun reflections which all tabs and phones suffer from.
The 'being in the pilot seat' aspect never disappoints.

this is exactly what i wanted to hear, i am going to get these bad boys, thanx for pushing me over the edge haha

Reactions: FuzLogix
I know just because there is a coupon for $100 off doesn't always mean it's a good buy. I noticed this $100 off also expires at the end of this month so I would have to act quickly.

For the owners of the goggles. Should I pull the trigger. Before the $100 I never thought about getting one. Then again I did watch many videos of it and was like I would love to have one but the price tag is probably best spent elsewhere. So here we are $100 off is the price now worth it??

Also could I use it for anything else like watching movies? Perhaps that would justify it?

They are absolutely 100% worth it in my opinion. Flying without the goggles is still cool if you are travelling light but with the goggles is so much better in every way.

Reactions: bonzo
Ok a quick update, I did purchase this. I hope it lives up to the hype. Honestly, with all the youtube videos I watched, there literally only about 2 videos I saw who really didn't like it but it was petty stuff that was brought up. Overall though, everyone seems to love it.

I got a paiir 2 days ago
I need corrective lenses i been using 2 dollar readers. Ordered the dji corrective lenses so far i love them i use them full screen
Still learning the functions

I bought my goggles they are on the way , surprisingly they got me a second 100 discount for the googles if somebody want it let me know.

I bought my goggles they are on the way , surprisingly they got me a second 100 discount for the googles if somebody want it let me know.
Nobody else will be able to use your coupon code (since it's tied to your DJI account).

Anyone can generate their own $100 off coupon code here.

Reactions: bonzo and habanadj
Almost all the "coupon stores" on the Web have the $100 off on DJI goggles now. I think we are getting close to the JUNE deadline for the Mavic Pro 2 and the people at Fry's hinted that a new goggle set will be coming out to support the larger pixel count that will come from the new 1" sensor. Not sure if that is true, but it seems like this is the perfect time for DJI to dump their inventory before the new products come online. I have not seen any NEW LEAKS of when the Mavic Pro 2 is coming. Are there any reliable updates on that?
tjcooper

I find the way that any time you film in 4K (which is everytime for me) that the goggles default the live view from 1080 to 720. Come on DJI, can there be a work around for this as 720 resolution is crap! The pixelization is really bad even at 2 meters! Mushy and soft standard resolution!!
We need at ‘least’ 1080 on live view! All my video recorded footage keeps on the fly auto changing my good 4K camera settings to 1080 x 1920 on my Mavic Pro platinum if I try and change my DJI Goggles Live View to 1080. It’s infuriating!

I find the way that any time you film in 4K (which is everytime for me) that the goggles default the live view from 1080 to 720. Come on DJI, can there be a work around for this as 720 resolution is crap! The pixelization is really bad even at 2 meters! Mushy and soft standard resolution!!
We need at ‘least’ 1080 on live view! All my video recorded footage keeps (on the fly) auto changing my good 4K camera settings to 1080 x 1920 on my Mavic Pro platinum if I try and change my DJI Goggles Live View to 1080. It’s infuriating!

They are ok. I used mine more for spectators and finally give them to my dad. I got the the Moverio witch I like and are smaller but they cost more. They work with my inspire 1v2 and now with the new p4prov2 they are use ocusync also.

They are ok. I used mine more for spectators and finally give them to my dad. I got the the Moverio witch I like and are smaller but they cost more. They work with my inspire 1v2 and now with the new p4prov2 they are use ocusync also.

I got the dji goggles and the Avegant Glyph. I kept the Glyph and here's why.

The view with the dji goggles is wide and immersive. Frankly you couldn't ask for a better view. But, the goggles are heavy. And when you flip them up they want to fall off, often even when wearing a baseball cap backwards. However, the thing that got me to get rid of them was the heat and humidity here in Florida. After a couple of sessions wearing them on warm days early in May, I couldn't imagine wearing them in July or August when its 95 with 80% humidity. If it weren't so hot and humid here so much of the year, I'd likely have kept them. They linked flawlessly with my Mavic Pro and with no trouble with my Phantom 3 Pro with the hdmi module.

The Glyphs are a compromise. The view is narrower than with the dji's but the picture is sharper and the colors brighter. Using the cross piece that connects the headphones over the head, positioning for the right view is not difficult. Looking straight ahead you have a great fpv. You can look up and over the goggles and see you drone in flight or down under the goggles to see the phone or tablet. You do need to have a phone that outputs mhl which requires more wires and a power supply, I use the Nvidia Shield k1 for its hdmi output port. Its a one wire solution that works fine. Of course, the tablet can only be purchased used, about $200 on ebay. Additionally, you can watch movies on the glyph using any hdmi source. The picture and sound are excellent.

Additionally, the glyphs are a much smaller solution so they are bit easier to carry.

I bought the Glyphs from Newegg, brand new with warranty for $195, which I thought was a great deal.

Reactions: Ms.UAV
@jimb100
please see my thread on a very simple attachment to the DJI goggles which take all the forward weight off the neck.
It is cheap and only takes about 1 minute to put on when you use it. Biggest cost is the GoPro chest harness to mount camera for scuba diving.

I have made a small system to blow outside air into the DJI goggles, but here in California it is not worth the extra weight.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/a-new-elastic-band-method-to-get-googles-weight-off-your-neck
tjcooper

I got the dji goggles and the Avegant Glyph. I kept the Glyph and here's why.

The view with the dji goggles is wide and immersive. Frankly you couldn't ask for a better view. But, the goggles are heavy. And when you flip them up they want to fall off, often even when wearing a baseball cap backwards. However, the thing that got me to get rid of them was the heat and humidity here in Florida. After a couple of sessions wearing them on warm days early in May, I couldn't imagine wearing them in July or August when its 95 with 80% humidity. If it weren't so hot and humid here so much of the year, I'd likely have kept them. They linked flawlessly with my Mavic Pro and with no trouble with my Phantom 3 Pro with the hdmi module.

The Glyphs are a compromise. The view is narrower than with the dji's but the picture is sharper and the colors brighter. Using the cross piece that connects the headphones over the head, positioning for the right view is not difficult. Looking straight ahead you have a great fpv. You can look up and over the goggles and see you drone in flight or down under the goggles to see the phone or tablet. You do need to have a phone that outputs mhl which requires more wires and a power supply, I use the Nvidia Shield k1 for its hdmi output port. Its a one wire solution that works fine. Of course, the tablet can only be purchased used, about $200 on ebay. Additionally, you can watch movies on the glyph using any hdmi source. The picture and sound are excellent.

Additionally, the glyphs are a much smaller solution so they are bit easier to carry.

I bought the Glyphs from Newegg, brand new with warranty for $195, which I thought was a great deal.

Are the Glyphs capable of head tracking with the mavic? Last I heard, they did contain the hardware for head tracking, but it wasn't being used yet, or something like that.

I have the DJI Goggles and use them pretty regularly. They don't get used as much in the middle of a summer day, for uncomfortably hot reasons. (I live in Texas). I'm intrigued by the Glyphs, but I use the iPad Mini 4 and don't like the idea of having to change to a (now) out-of-date tablet in order to use the Glylphs. And I do LOVE the head tracking with the DJI Goggles.

Reactions: Smdm
I know just because there is a coupon for $100 off doesn't always mean it's a good buy. I noticed this $100 off also expires at the end of this month so I would have to act quickly.

For the owners of the goggles. Should I pull the trigger. Before the $100 I never thought about getting one. Then again I did watch many videos of it and was like I would love to have one but the price tag is probably best spent elsewhere. So here we are $100 off is the price now worth it??

Also could I use it for anything else like watching movies? Perhaps that would justify it?

I bought a pair and really wanted them to work but I found that I like flying with my iPad better. First of all, I wear glasses and found that I could not get a clear focus with my glasses. I know you can buy inserts but that seemed like a real hassle. More importantly, I almost always fly alone so I cannot maintain los with the googles on. I just couldn’t justify $349 for my purposes. I really really wanted them to be great but they just weren’t.

Reactions: Ms.UAV
Are the Glyphs capable of head tracking with the mavic?
No. They connect to a mobile device via an HDMI cable, so they are only able to act as a display (like other FPV goggles that connect via HDMI).

Are the Glyphs capable of head tracking with the mavic? Last I heard, they did contain the hardware for head tracking, but it wasn't being used yet, or something like that.

I have the DJI Goggles and use them pretty regularly. They don't get used as much in the middle of a summer day, for uncomfortably hot reasons. (I live in Texas). I'm intrigued by the Glyphs, but I use the iPad Mini 4 and don't like the idea of having to change to a (now) out-of-date tablet in order to use the Glylphs. And I do LOVE the head tracking with the DJI Goggles.

The Glyphs are supposed to have head tracking now or sometime in the future, I don't know because I used the feature with the goggles and didn't like it. It seemed too slow for me. The Nvidia shield works great! I have the Nexus 7, which is a bit laggy, I've used the Nexus 6 phone, the Galaxy s7 edge and the M8. Some are laggier than others but the Shield hasn't displayed any lag so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S