DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles worth the $100 off?

I use the goggles just for fun. They add another dimension to flying. If I know that I'm going to go fly the mavic somewhere, I always take them, unless I just don't have room or a free hand. When I fly from my front or backyard, I always have them handy.

I almost always fly 3 batteries in a row. If I'm in a new place, I almost always fly the first battery without the goggles, just so I can more easily get familiar with the terrain and any obstacles around. ( I'm still more comfortable flying with the iPad since I've done it a lot more, and glancing back and forth from the screen to the drone is a lot easier and faster than constantly flipping up the goggles to put eyes on the mavic.)

Then I'll usually fly the entire 2nd batter with the goggles on, just to enjoy the birds-eye feeling and get a closer look at certain things. The 3rd battery is a toss-up. It depends on where I'm flying and whether I feel like just zipping around in sport mode practicing high-speed maneuvers, or taking it slow, or experimenting with Fixed-Wing mode with the goggles, etc.

I'd say, overall I probably have my goggles on 25-30% of the time that I'm flying in the past 6 months since I got them.

I look at it as, GO BIG or GO HOME. Having the Mavic without having the Goggles is like having a new jet black Lamborghini Diablo and not getting the windows tinted.

Think of how pissed you'll be the first time you're showing off the mavic to a friend after your kid's soccer game and he says, "Hey have you seen the VR goggles for drones? Those look cool!"

You'll get to say, "Yeah, I almost bought those." --- That'll make you feel better.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Kilrah
darn wish the coupons were transferable to others, i seen good people that wont use the coupon willing to give them away, i want a set of these but 600 canadian is pretty steep haha

I use the goggles just for fun. They add another dimension to flying. If I know that I'm going to go fly the mavic somewhere, I always take them, unless I just don't have room or a free hand. When I fly from my front or backyard, I always have them handy.

I almost always fly 3 batteries in a row. If I'm in a new place, I almost always fly the first battery without the goggles, just so I can more easily get familiar with the terrain and any obstacles around. ( I'm still more comfortable flying with the iPad since I've done it a lot more, and glancing back and forth from the screen to the drone is a lot easier and faster than constantly flipping up the goggles to put eyes on the mavic.)

Then I'll usually fly the entire 2nd batter with the goggles on, just to enjoy the birds-eye feeling and get a closer look at certain things. The 3rd battery is a toss-up. It depends on where I'm flying and whether I feel like just zipping around in sport mode practicing high-speed maneuvers, or taking it slow, or experimenting with Fixed-Wing mode with the goggles, etc.

I'd say, overall I probably have my goggles on 25-30% of the time that I'm flying in the past 6 months since I got them.

I look at it as, GO BIG or GO HOME. Having the Mavic without having the Goggles is like having a new jet black Lamborghini Diablo and not getting the windows tinted.

Think of how pissed you'll be the first time you're showing off the mavic to a friend after your kid's soccer game and he says, "Hey have you seen the VR goggles for drones? Those look cool!"

You'll get to say, "Yeah, I almost bought those." --- That'll make you feel better.

Hope this helps.
I looked at this accessory as a nice to have. For the most part I think if you have the money it's a definite buy. You're right it gives another dimension of flying. It's also good to show off to friends. Once the friends sees it back to less use of it.

I have to seriously think about this.

Thanks for the input.

If you can spare the cash, get them. To me, it's like flying in the drone instead of from the ground... a huge difference.

Just remember that the rules say to maintain LOS, so have a spotter keep an eye on your bird.

If you can spare the cash, get them. To me, it's like flying in the drone instead of from the ground... a huge difference.

Just remember that the rules say to maintain LOS, so have a spotter keep an eye on your bird.
Yeah I was wondering if you could fly it solely like flying in the drone. I'm sure you can but risk on hitting things hence the spotter.

If you're referring to the rules in the US, the pilot must maintain VLOS. Unfortunately, it's not legal for a spotter to be used in most cases. There are some exceptions noted here.

with the mavic and other drones being able to fly over 4 miles how do they expect u to have a vlos on the bird at that distance, most piolots dont fly a few hundred feet from where they are standing i am sure, i know for me since i am new my 4 flights have all been los but the last one i flew the whole battery at about 1400ft from me so way farhter than my los, thats the whole point of the drones selling features is it not,

How are you getting the coupons? Do I email DJI? Did they come in the mail?
DJI seemed to have selected people at random. Here's the email I received:

Email.jpg

with the mavic and other drones being able to fly over 4 miles how do they expect u to have a vlos on the bird at that distance

Well if you are going to obey the rules, you can't fly that far. Just because the aircraft has the capability, it doesn't mean you can do it, frustrating as that is. My car can do 120mph but I don't drive that fast...

Reactions: Kilrah
I’ll be waiting for the next generation of the goggles, never a fan of buying the first production run of anything, let them work in more features and enhance the design.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Friend will sell his to me for 250.00 just worried because my eyes suck.

Friend will sell his to me for 250.00 just worried because my eyes suck.

My eyes suck too, but they work for me. Lots of fixes for those who don’t see well. There are tons of old timers on this forum with bad eyes that have made the goggles work.

I know just because there is a coupon for $100 off doesn't always mean it's a good buy. I noticed this $100 off also expires at the end of this month so I would have to act quickly.

For the owners of the goggles. Should I pull the trigger. Before the $100 I never thought about getting one. Then again I did watch many videos of it and was like I would love to have one but the price tag is probably best spent elsewhere. So here we are $100 off is the price now worth it??

Also could I use it for anything else like watching movies? Perhaps that would justify it?
I have DJI Goggles, and their great, but I don't use them that much. Still, I won't be selling them anytime soon. I recommend buying DJI Crystalsky Ultra, and mount it on a tripod. Fantastic!
As for the goggles, consider this idea
FPV Budget Experience 100% Safe

I bought them and hated them, great picture but just way to big and bulky. I'm 6 feet 235 lbs and it was hurting my neck after just a few minutes. If you are okay with all of that the picture is really nice and you can see everything much more clearly while flying.

Well if you are going to obey the rules, you can't fly that far. Just because the aircraft has the capability, it doesn't mean you can do it, frustrating as that is. My car can do 120mph but I don't drive that fast...

so u drive around in first gear all day knowing u have 4 more gears haha. ya that would be frustrating. do most people on here fly thier bird at a few hundred feet when its capable and designed for distances in excess of 4 miles? and theres even mods to make it fly farther than that, i live in canada and i dont think we have that rule here,

I bought them and hated them, great picture but just way to big and bulky. I'm 6 feet 235 lbs and it was hurting my neck after just a few minutes. If you are okay with all of that the picture is really nice and you can see everything much more clearly while flying.
Yeah I'm getting the feeling now that as most people can say it's a great device but after the experience it's not all that.

I just googled DJI Goggles $100 and one of the first links in the coupon code page from DJI. I also got a facebook add the other day for it as well

DJI Goggles Coupon
ahhhh that totally worked, wow i emailed them dirrect and they wouldnt give me one, i am going to see if my local retailer can match this if not ill order from them, it worked, thank u so much for posting this

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser