DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOGGLES = WOW!!!

Question for folks who have the goggles....did you notice right off the bat that it was blurry enough to need reading glasses to use them 'at all' or do you use them just to make it better?

With just the goggles powered up you will see at the top status bar a round red circle with an "X" in the middle. My first clue that something was wrong was that the X was not very sharp.
Putting on 1.25 or 1.5 reading glasses made it sharp and crisp.

Rob

Reactions: Skibum
Thanks Rob.

Q about usage --- are folks using these throughout the flight -- ie take-off and landing with goggles on? I read something about you are supposed to use a spotter when using?? Is it oK/good/working to use these as a 1 man show?

Last edited:
I use the 'fullscreen' mode all the time,I would really like to see batt % and height tucked away in the corner of the screen so I can monitor it while flying.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks Rob.

Q about usage --- are folks using these throughout the flight -- ie take-off and landing with goggles on? I read something about you are supposed to use a spotter when using?? Is it oK/good/working to use these as a 1 man show?
There is what you're suppose to do and what you can get away with. Have you ever driven 59mph in a 55mph zone? get the hint. I'm sure everyone that has purchased any kind of FPV goggles got them to let their friends use them.

I'll throw into the pot here - as that is what a forum is all about - I will not lie - they are definitely not perfect - and DEFINITELY have room for progress and forward development. DJI Goggles definitely feel like almost prototype tech - kind of unfinished in many respects - v1 DEFINITELY. Fit and Finish even - feel a little plasticy - sorta cheap tolerances and plastic flex - and even the forhead area on mine is showing signs of peeling (may be submitting a warranty on that part shortly) But you know what????? I STILL LOVE THEM. What they do accomplish is pure genius.. and the experience of the high quality video feed right in front of your eyes while flying over head is truly magical. There are no other FPV goggles that transmit and receive in these resolutions or quality Is it an Ipad Mini Screen? - or have the sharpness of even the IPhone 7 plus I use? - no - but it is freakin awesome and destroys competitor video feeds YES!!!!! No crap closed circuit VHS video like other analog systems. With the right camera settings for any given environment and proper focus lock at take off - its spectacular. My sessions with the mavic break down into two parts - sport mode flying racing around 50mph line of sight (Sport+ mod mode with a tailwind) and then DJI Goggle FPV for getting in the cockpit. Two totally different pilot experiences and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I hope that sharing such responses will engage others here to support DJI with the purchase of this amazing FPV device to continue the development and update lifecycle. I truly hope that a version 2 will be possible someday with the version 1 only being the beginning to this amazing addition to the Mavic. Do it!!! :)

Got mine yesterday morning. Took about a hour to unbox, update, a quick charge and register them. I like how much more I can see instead of the phone. Even in bright sun. Last night I gave them a full charge. I went to dollar store too and bought a few pairs of reading glasses. So far I am satisfied. Complaints? I keep talking photos when I am only trying to use the touch pad. I will figure that out I am sure.

Really weird this. Why not just take the sd card from the mavic and slot that into the goggles for playback instead of having to 'upload' ?? .

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42