DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles

Luuuuuuke

Reactions
I'm in the UK and I just googled DJI Goggles because I'm looking to buy some. It seems the official price for the RE is £549, but there are a few places selling them a fair bit cheaper. One website has them for as low as £399, and there's no mention of them being second hand or refurbs.

Can they be trusted? How can they sell them so much cheaper?

DJI Goggles Racing Edition

DJI Goggles Racing Edition RE

Reactions: Point Zero
From what I can see they look legit. The cheaper pair are coming from China so it looks good as far as I can tell and a quick review of the company on Google came up positive too.

Currently its looking like a good find!

What would you be using them with? I have the same goggles for my Mavic 2 Pro

I'm in the UK and I just googled DJI Goggles because I'm looking to buy some. It seems the official price for the RE is £549, but there are a few places selling them a fair bit cheaper. One website has them for as low as £399, and there's no mention of them being second hand or refurbs.

Can they be trusted? How can they sell them so much cheaper?

DJI Goggles Racing Edition

DJI Goggles Racing Edition RE
I purchased mine from SLR Hut and they were brand new and genuine. Very happy with them. I should add that here in the UK, it is illegal to fly using the goggles as one must have direct line of sight. That said, I have slipped them on while I have had a spotter with eyes on the AC.

I purchased mine from SLR Hut and they were brand new and genuine. Very happy with them. I should add that here in the UK, it is illegal to fly using the goggles as one must have direct line of sight. That said, I have slipped them on while I have had a spotter with eyes on the AC.
Illegal schmillegal.

Not a problem, I was just highlighting the matter for anyone who has bought goggles to use in the UK. Drones and their users have a bad name as it is, I wouldn't want to see Goggles added to the list of Public Enemies!
Okay okay, I promise to use them only when I have someone spotting.

Scout's Honour.

Cross my heart.

Not a problem, I was just highlighting the matter for anyone who has bought goggles to use in the UK. Drones and their users have a bad name as it is, I wouldn't want to see Goggles added to the list of Public Enemies!
I'm only messing with you. Thanks for your original reply. I think I'm gonna take the plunge and order from them. £150 is too big a saving to ignore.

I'm only messing with you. Thanks for your original reply. I think I'm gonna take the plunge and order from them. £150 is too big a saving to ignore.
You won't regret buying the RE Goggles as they are far better than the original ones. The FPV is fantastic. As with most stuff, the price does come down with time but I'm an early adopter and like to get new technology as soon as it hits the market.

You won't regret buying the RE Goggles as they are far better than the original ones. The FPV is fantastic. As with most stuff, the price does come down with time but I'm an early adopter and like to get new technology as soon as it hits the market.
It was either that or the new Smart Controller, but I use the drone to spot fish for catching so I like being able to see maximum detail at the time of flight (rather than afterwards on a computer), and that's difficult on a smaller screen no matter how bright it might be. Goggles do away with both the screen brightness and screen size issues.

What's better about the RE ones? I thought it was just all geeky stuff? Are the screens themselves actually any better?

Just to update y'all, I ordered the RE Goggles from E-Infinity Camera Store - United Kingdom Site. They came in a timely manner and in perfect working order. Usually when a price seems too good to be true, it usually is, but not in this case. I can recommend.

As for the goggles - great, but far from perfect. The pros are self-evident, but below is the list of the cons I've encountered so far:

- Maybe my head is a funny shape, but they don't fit right. The butt tight against the middle of my forehead and then gape at the sides, letting lots of light in which ruins the view. Also, I can't get them close enough to my face because the padding in the head strap prevents it.

- I cannot select the smooth option for streaming, i.e. 720 @ 60.

- Even when I select to record in 4k on the drone, when I use the goggles it keeps switching back to 1080, which is annoying.

- With gimbal head tracking enabled and when looking straight forward, you get a little indicator showing where the centre of the drone is facing, but when looking down any, that disappears off the top of the screen meaning you can become disorientated. In my opinion it would be useful to still have an indicator showing the direction if not the horizon.

Apart from that, I'd say at £399 they are just about worth the money, but I'm glad I didn't pay any more than that.

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly