DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles

I have one of the first generation Mavic's. I've had it in storage for several years and have new battery and ready to fly again. I would like to fly FPV. Are the DJI goggles worth the money and do they work well? Thanks.
If you are flying in wide open spaces then they are really cool but if you are wanting to get close to objects, or if there objects like trees, buildings, wires, etc. nearby then you need a spotter. Otherwise you will end up doing something like taking your drone sideways or in reverse which will look absolutely fine in the goggles until you hit the wall or tree that was not in the camera's view.

Just a note that the FAA rules do not allow you to fly by yourself using the fpv goggles because they do not permit direct line of sight of the drone. You must have an observer with you who DOES keep the drone in line of sight.
Right on. And you are only allowed to use an observer if you're flying under Part 107. When flying as a hobbyist, the pilot must maintain VLOS.

The FAA is going to be implementing new rules at some point this year that should allow hobbyists to fly with the assistance of an observer.

Right on. And you are only allowed to use an observer if you're flying under Part 107. When flying as a hobbyist, the pilot must maintain VLOS.

The FAA is going to be implementing new rules at some point this year that should allow hobbyists to fly with the assistance of an observer.

Which is why I bought the Moverio BT300. Very cool thing.

Would love to get a pair but I wear glasses. I have lined bifocals and 6 power prism which is quite a lot. Thoughts would be much appreciated. Have flown the Mavic Pro for almost 2 years. I had flown a smaller beginner drone with FPV Goggles that I was able to see through without my glasses. The goggles did have a Doppler adjustment, if that is what it is called. Again, any would be much appreciated.
I purchased clip in magnifiers that work great but we’re not cheap.
I like mine pretty much but since I picked up he crystal sky it’s just easier. Only think I don’t like is the interface, no map, it’s gets sweaty and they don’t fit my head well and are heavy.

I have not tried the DJI googles but have made a "poor mans version" using Samsungs Oculus VR that also work with Iphones etc

One extra feature is that it also make it possible to change between the camera of the drone and the camera of the phone (in case you want to make sure you have the drone in view sight :)

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Just to save some for even more cost;. Samsung Oculus (mentioned in the post above) make it possible to use regular glasses while having the VR googles on :)

I have one of the first generation Mavic's. I've had it in storage for several years and have new battery and ready to fly again. I would like to fly FPV. Are the DJI goggles worth the money and do they work well? Thanks.

Buddy, you're gonna LOVE the goggles! I WILL NOT FLY without them....EVER! No matter what your using as a device, a cell phone, tablet or even the expensive new DJI screen(I forget what it's called) YOU CANNOT get away from sun glare. When the drone is 100 feet away from you, forget it YOU CAN'T SEE IT. But the goggles I can see EVERYTHING including where my drone is. I don't understand ANYONE who owns a DJI Drone NOT owning the goggles. take a look at any of my videos Youtube. (boreynoldsradio)

Bo

Buddy, you're gonna LOVE the goggles! I WILL NOT FLY without them....EVER! No matter what your using as a device, a cell phone, tablet or even the expensive new DJI screen(I forget what it's called) YOU CANNOT get away from sun glare. When the drone is 100 feet away from you, forget it YOU CAN'T SEE IT. But the goggles I can see EVERYTHING including where my drone is. I don't understand ANYONE who owns a DJI Drone NOT owning the goggles. take a look at any of my videos Youtube. (boreynoldsradio)

Bo
I couldn’t have said it better Bo. This is my experience as well.

Another fun benefit of the goggles is you can let others put them on as you take them on a “flight“. The reactions you typically get are amazing. It’s like a Disneyland ride for them

I couldn’t have said it better Bo. This is my experience as well.

Another fun benefit of the goggles is you can let others put them on as you take them on a “flight“. The reactions you typically get are amazing. It’s like a Disneyland ride for them

Right? Everytime I'm out in public people will want to take a look and they can't believe what they're seeing. A couple of ladies had to take them off cuz they were getting almost sea sick. But yeah, I just love them.

Reactions: Brandaloo
If you are flying in wide open spaces then they are really cool but if you are wanting to get close to objects, or if there objects like trees, buildings, wires, etc. nearby then you need a spotter. Otherwise you will end up doing something like taking your drone sideways or in reverse which will look absolutely fine in the goggles until you hit the wall or tree that was not in the camera's view.

By the way, I bought mine used for $200 and they were like brand new.
Bo

• Wow
Reactions: Mavrick77
Right? Everytime I'm out in public people will want to take a look and they can't believe what they're seeing. A couple of ladies had to take them off cuz they were getting almost sea sick. But yeah, I just love them.
Lol.... yeah, I always have to sit down when using them or else I get dizzy. I ask others to sit down as well if I am showing them. I carry a couple of folding chairs in the car for that

I live in a hot climate, Queensland Australia, wearing glasses has been an issue because my head sweats and the glasses fog up, I am waiting for cooler weather before deciding if i will keep the goggles or not.

My experience so for has been underwhelming, bring on the cooler months.
Landers - I'm in Qld too (Bribie Island) & use the Goggles RE. You can buy magnifying lenses for the Goggles RE and they fit the original White Goggles too. They just slip over the lip of the lenses in the Goggles. I bought X4 lenses & they work great without fogging up. You need to choose 1 magnification higher than your glasses. Here's a link : https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-Goggles-RE-Corrective-Lenses-5-0D-23-Brand-New/323756313299?hash=item4b61614ad3:g:YnUAAOSwyKlcnKCO&frcectupt=true

Last edited:
Reactions: Landers
I am indebted to you sir, on my return from a ‘sortie’ to Great Britain i shall source some new lenses and inform you of the results, thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S