DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI going public?

This is a perfect company for an IPO. Cash rich, high profit margin of 32%, 70% market share.They are even borrowing money and selling equity before the IPO announcement to beef up the opening price, their financials and their potential. Will be fun to watch. I have seen worse run companies prep for an IPO and saw the stock price double and triple in a very short period of time. They might gobble up some more companies like they did with Hasselblad in order to expand their commercial and agricultural side even more. They should probably get things straight with the USA military if they ever hope to have them as a customer.

DJI mimic almost everything from Apple. From the store style to the video tutorial and promotion. They are a great candidate to be as big as Apple in every aspect.

DJI mimic almost everything from Apple.

Including a whacko, narcissistic, megalomaniac, workaholic perfectionist at it's helm. Oh, I forgot predatory as well.

From the store style to the video tutorial and promotion.

Dont forget about their packaging. Their boxes such as in the flymore, are cryptic and difficult to figure out and open without tearing the box.

Last edited:
promotion

You hit that nail on the head too. New products presented by a guy in jeans and tennis shoes with a 5 o'clock shadow. Steve jobs clone.

The thing they really need to beef up is their new product presentation. Still seems amateurish for an $8 billion company (maybe soon to be $20 billion).

Reactions: macoman
Including a whacko, narcissistic, megalomaniac, workaholic perfectionist at it's helm.

Dont forget about their packaging. Their boxes such as in the flymore, are cryptic and difficult to figure out and open without tearing the box.
I am surprised that Apple has not yet say anything about it. I thought that they were very tough with people or companies copying their style of doing business.

Reactions: Former Member
Apple has a good relationship with DJI and offers exclusive products before any other retailer gets them. We will see which big fish swallows the smaller fish, Apple is almost $1 trillion, DJI probably be $20 billion next year.

Their symbiotic relationship has only benefited both companies with Apple offering DJI products and offering stellar customer service, and DJI using Apples packaging style. There might not be an acquisition of DJI by Apple, especially with a potential IPO from DJI. The people who will soon be loaning and investing into DJI do not including Apple. As an Android user, it's nice to be able to use my non-proprietary S8+ with my DJI product.

Last edited:
Reactions: macoman and bushie
Apple has a good relationship with DJI and offers exclusive products before any other retailer gets them. We will see which big fish swallows the smaller fish.
Talking about that. Hear a rumour that Apple was going to buy DJI... But maybe was just speculation than been true.

There was talk last year and 2 years ago. But with rumors afoot of DJI's IPO in the Asia markets, I think that rumor has faded away. At least I hope it has, me being an Android user.
Agreed, imaging Apple owning DJI... The price of drones would increase even more. Even though, their iPad products of last year were price correctly. Under $300 dollars.

Agreed, imaging Apple owning DJI... The price of drones would increase even more. Even though, their iPad products of last year were price correctly. Under $300 dollars.

It would definitely boost DJI's customer service. Yes the tab market has become flooded with really inexpensive products, maybe Apple was losing a little market share.

I would be extremely surprised if Apple buys DJI. Drones are way too much of a niche market and the latest trend at Apple has been everything-but-niche. Just look at the Mac Pro or the neglected pro software.
There's also no way Apple would support (ie repair) drone in its retail stores. Just imagine how much time would be required to fix anything but the most straightforward issues.

That being said, I like seeing how DJI is evolving as a company. They clearly have vision, a good team and good products. As opposed to GoPro, they have a product that cannot easily be replaced by other technologies.

Apparently the Mavic runs (internally) on Android. Wouldn't it be cool if Apple take over DJI and then the Mavic 2 runs on iOS with twin processors.....

I would be extremely surprised if Apple buys DJI. Drones are way too much of a niche market and the latest trend at Apple has been everything-but-niche. Just look at the Mac Pro or the neglected pro software.
DJI controlled 70+% of the drone market plus have amazing Enterprise drone products plus the camera technologies, plus occusyn in the Mavic... There are a lot of interesting points that DJI posses that Apple would benefit. They don't necessarily need to repair drone. They can leave DJI as separated business under the Apple umbrella but with their own repair department. DJI could benefit a lot with an improvement in customer services that Apple will implement. It is really not a bad decision for Apple to own the most powerful drone maker at the moment.

DJI could benefit a lot with an improvement in customer services that Apple will implement. It is really not a bad decision for Apple to own the most powerful drone maker at the moment.

Good point, however, Apple may not wish to become involved in the potential downside of lots of people flying drones: heavy-handed regulations not to mention outright banning in many areas of the US.

Last edited:
Apparently the Mavic runs (internally) on Android. Wouldn't it be cool if Apple take over DJI and then the Mavic 2 runs on iOS with twin processors.....

Apple internal chips in DJI products would be awesome even if Apple didnt take over DJI. They would offer alot faster processing times and more adept video processing than the chips DJI uses now.

Apple internal chips in DJI products would be awesome even if Apple didnt take over DJI. They would offer alot faster processing times and more adept video processing than the chips DJI uses now.

I must say, this is one of the most informative threads to have appeared on the site so far.

Now that I think about it, today's crop of New Posts seem especially informative.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty