DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI launches the Mavic Mini

Valid argument. I bought it thru DJI yesterday. I value my MPP, MA, and Spark too much to just leave them in the truck overnight. I can have this one tucked under the seat and always have it when I need it. And I wouldn't feel really bad about it getting stolen. Well yeah I would but not as much as the other ones. It has a pretty impressive camera also.
I was super excited to add this to my fleet, but let me confirm some things first:

1. Do I understand correctly that you cannot operate this ultraportable ,"flying camera", super compact travel drone with your smartphone alone? I haven't seen anything in the promo materials that suggest you can and, in fact, I believe the FAQ suggests you need the controller. Is this true and, if so, how does that make any sense at all?

2. It also does not appear to support Gesture Control or Smart Capture and has no Follow Me functionality.

3. And it's a beginner-ish drone with absolutely no obstacle avoidance?

If all or any of these are true I don't see how this can be seen as an upgrade to the Spark. The size difference and realistic flight time just do not justify the convenience of traveling with the Spark and your just your phone (or no phone at all for that matter).

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Question.... Will the Crystal Sky work with the Mavic Mini. I don't see why it wouldn't. Guessing this has probably already been answered. Rather than panning thru all of the comments I thought I would ask.

As long as you can install the app, why wouldn't it work with the CS? CS is just a tablet.
DJI have confirmed it won’t work. I guess that’s the official answer, I suppose there are ways around it?

Officially they don't support third party products, and they aren't planning on adding DJI Fly to it so you'd have to install it as a third party product. That may be the answer.
"Not Supported" doesn't always mean "Won't work". It only means they won't help you do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro