DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI leaving the US - support now from China

Why leave other markets? It’s the USA that’s hostile not Europe and other countries.

It'd make little sense to set up a China based support / repair network for undoubtedly the Worlds largest drone base (the US), and not also use that for rest of World.
With the changes this World epidemic is bringing, a lot of consolidation / restructure is going to take place.
There will be hostility to China too, feeling of them bringing this to the World etc, that has already started to appear.
I'm not sure DJI has too extensive set ups in any part of the World, I've read of people in the UK or other nearby Euro nations have to send their drones for repair to the Euro continent for attention.
Time will tell.

I don’t never read stuff that the title starts off with..
Is DJI leaving the US?
Then the first sentence says..
Multiple sources, are telling sUAS News

Guys until all this mess the world is going through I
don’t pay articles like that any mind. When this pandemic
is over and things settle down we will see then what we have
to deal with and that’s what we will do.
Until then it’s just speculation.

I’m just saying everyone unless essential is laid off and
not going to waste my time reading just because they shut
down a Drone repair shop as most places have had to they
wont start back when everyone else does, that can.
If they can’t get parts they can’t work. They need to be
at home like everyone else is anyway..

Sensationalist titles and undisclosed sources are almost always BS.

I think a wait and see attitude is probably the best. I would be really surprised if DJI did in fact leave the north American market. It never makes sense to cut off your customer base; especially if you piss them off by abandoning them. Regardless of the perceived spat between the US and China, business goes on. The Chinese are buy up a lot of aggi products and my harbour is still full of containers from China. If DJI made the dumb decision to in fact leave, we all know their crap attitude toward customer service, and really, anyone really believe it would be improved if it was centered in china? It would present a real opportunity for some smart US/NA outfit to fill the void. My 2 cents worth.

OK guys I don't know how i missed that Political remark unless he edited it in after i left and sorry for that.
No need to tell you no political remarks as you see what it got him.

Reactions: Thomas B
OK guys I don't know how i missed that Political remark unless he edited it in after i left and sorry for that.
No need to tell you no political remarks as you see what it got him.
FYI, member got a forced vacation from the forum. I deleted his inappropriate posts to keep the thread easy to follow.
Carry on.....

Reminds me of this:

I agree it's not worth going any further than that until there's actual concrete information.

Why on earth can’t people make a political comment?? Obviously politics affects drone operations, sales and basically every aspect. This forum seems particularly fond of shutting down politics - yet drones are some of the most politically charged things out there! There is NOTHING wrong with calling out political issues, and in this case likely they are directly connected to the topic being discussed. Drones, in particular those made by DJI who are basically owned by the CCP, need very open political discussions. That is what underpins democracy and freedom. No, one should absolutely NOT have to go to some “political forum” to post about a political issue pertaining to their hobby. I say that if this forum shuts down political discussions, it is promoting sheople and subservience to regimes that need to be called out at every opportunity! This is not off-topic as escalating political issues will absolutely be impacting our hobby, and these rumours need to be fully discussed with open criticism where individuals wish to post such. What is the issue with that?

Politics, religion, and gun ownership topics don’t usually end well online.
People are generally passionate about their position on such things, and it’s probably easier to just ban them in the main.
I’m sure there are relative political and other such in the forum from time to time, and that’s where moderators have to moderate how they see fit, and not necessarily just to their own views.
I did see the original reply, but don’t recall what was actually written, or if it was relevant or over the top.
I agree we should always keep a open mind in things, people should explore others views on important things, digest them, and sometimes it leads them to even change their views in some way.

Politics, religion, and gun ownership topics don’t usually end well online.
People are generally passionate about their position on such things, and it’s probably easier to just ban them in the main.
I’m sure there are relative political and other such in the forum from time to time, and that’s where moderators have to moderate how they see fit, and not necessarily just to their own views.
I did see the original reply, but don’t recall what was actually written, or if it was relevant or over the top.
I agree we should always keep a open mind in things, people should explore others views on important things, digest them, and sometimes it leads them to even change their views in some way.
Yep - not meaning that anyone should be able to bag individuals. Or make it into an argument about l vs r etc. But there should be room to have discussions that have relevance to drones but also have political viewpoints. If DJI did pull out of North America I’d be quite surprised. Unless they are already getting their claws into commercial side of things and want to divorce themselves from the hobbyists. Or CCP has told them to - then that for example could lead to a political discussion!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yes, it is hard to envisage them doing that.
Leaving aside all / any of the political aspects from both sides, they have that huge ~ 70% of the consumer market, it would be unrealistic to throw a big part of that away if they could still keep the current status quo.
No doubt, if the Chinese Communist Party told DJI to jump, DJI would say how high.

It appears like China is almost ignoring or pretending this hasn't happened, and where it started . . . gearing up factories to start production again, ready to fill warehouses with the usual stuff the west / world buys from them (just about everything !), while some are predicting part 2 is about to start for them with a new outbreak or new strain of the virus.

It's all unprecedented, and the story unfolds daily.
If the World was at war in a short while, it would not surprise me any longer.

Why on earth can’t people make a political comment??
Talking about politics is a slippery subject here and we do allow it to a certain point. When it starts and members start
calling out names of certain politicians it gets out of hand.
Thus what you read above and it cost a member a two week
ban. The post was deleted so you don’t know what he said.
Now you are borderline talking about moderation which is Not allowed but am going to tell you Read All of the guidelines And TOS.
You and everyone else agreed to them when you join.
They are enforced. It is a privilege not a right to be a member
here. You play within our guidelines or you don’t play.
Not being harsh just saying its the way it is.
Want to continue I would do it in a message to me or any of the staff on our guidelines but not in this thread or any other.
Now you have took this off topic and turned the thread.
It can continue but stay with the topic. Do not make inappropriate political remarks.is all we ask.
Like I said it is a slippery slope and Invite civil discussions
but when that line is crossed we do stop it.
Hope this clears that up so carry on and no more on this.
dc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb