DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI M30t ends up in the water

SladeSteele

Reactions
I know this belongs in the Matric Pilots forum, but I am more comfortable with the level of expertise of the folks here. I guess I'm just looking for a little feedback or maybe some help. I was out flying my m30t this past week looking for wildlife down in the everglades. I brought the drone back after a successful flight and was landing it on the deck of the boat I was in. It was very large deck and very flat with no obstructions and the boat was anchored in perfectly still water. As the drone was touching down, instead of the motors powering down, they revved up. This caused it to jump up and it started to turn and then leaned over to the side. When that happened, the propellers hit the deck of the boat and it flipped upside down and went into the water. I uploaded the flight log to DJI so obviously I have to wait till they review it but what I noticed was right at the end, right before it lost control, there was a message that came up on the controller that said "aircraft antenna satellite signal searching error. Fly with caution". Any thoughts whether this would have caused what looked like a fly away starting? Thank you for your feedback.

I know this belongs in the Matric Pilots forum, but I am more comfortable with the level of expertise of the folks here. I guess I'm just looking for a little feedback or maybe some help. I was out flying my m30t this past week looking for wildlife down in the everglades. I brought the drone back after a successful flight and was landing it on the deck of the boat I was in. It was very large deck and very flat with no obstructions and the boat was anchored in perfectly still water. As the drone was touching down, instead of the motors powering down, they revved up. This caused it to jump up and it started to turn and then leaned over to the side. When that happened, the propellers hit the deck of the boat and it flipped upside down and went into the water. I uploaded the flight log to DJI so obviously I have to wait till they review it but what I noticed was right at the end, right before it lost control, there was a message that came up on the controller that said "aircraft antenna satellite signal searching error. Fly with caution". Any thoughts whether this would have caused what looked like a fly away starting? Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry for your loss. I do hope you had the appropriate coverages on your drone. Please follow the instructions given by @Yorkshire_Pud in his post and hopefully @Meta4 or someone can give you insight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000