DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 PRO Antenna location on board?

hate

Reactions
Hi guys, currently i'm working as a hobby to increase the video feed band with by amplifying the 5.4 antenna.
1720368112070.png

Are those antenna cables for the RC and video feed? I tried to amplify them but no effect at all. maybe I was ampliying the wrong antennas? are there any more that I am not aware of? any help is welcome.

Hi guys, currently i'm working as a hobby to increase the video feed band with by amplifying the 5.4 antenna.
View attachment 176097

Are those antenna cables for the RC and video feed? I tried to amplify them but no effect at all. maybe I was ampliying the wrong antennas? are there any more that I am not aware of? any help is welcome.
Instead of modifying the drone, have you considered boosting the antenna gain on the R/C? Less risk to the drone and it's easier to put a larger antenna on the R/C than it would be on the drone.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Instead of modifying the drone, have you considered boosting the antenna gain on the R/C? Less risk to the drone and it's easier to put a larger antenna on the R/C than it would be on the drone.
Already successfully done. But it doesn't solve the issue where the drone loses connection moment it flies low because of obstacles or interference. Maybe by putting a special small antenna on the drone pointing upwards. It will be possible to still communicate in HD. I'm talking about trees and rocks blocking the communication in a forest resulting in video being cut or quality downgraded.

Last edited:
Already successfully done. But it doesn't solve the issue where the drone loses connection moment it flies low because of obstacles or interference. Maybe by putting a special small antenna on the drone pointing upwards. It will be possible to still communicate in HD. I'm talking about trees and rocks blocking the communication in a forest resulting in video being cut or quality downgraded.
An antenna pointed straight up will not solve the problem that you described. The radio transmission is line of sight, sending the signal up will not bend around the obstacles.

It sounds like you would need a signal relay.

Reactions: Cafguy and SkyeHigh
An antenna pointed straight up will not solve the problem that you described. The radio transmission is line of sight, sending the signal up will not bend around the obstacles.

It sounds like you would need a signal relay.
Well I first wanna test my idea, for that I need to know where the antennas are on the mavic 2 pro. I'm guessing that the antennas are on the drone legs, 1 each. And soldered to the main board. Now if I knew which color or cable it was. I could cut and attach it to an external antenna.

Well I first wanna test my idea, for that I need to know where the antennas are on the mavic 2 pro. I'm guessing that the antennas are on the drone legs, 1 each. And soldered to the main board. Now if I knew which color or cable it was. I could cut and attach it to an external antenna.

Attachments

• 51BZ6lQO5AL._AC_SX679_-3516487530.jpg
    51BZ6lQO5AL._AC_SX679_-3516487530.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 10
  • maxresdefault-956075313.jpg
    maxresdefault-956075313.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: hate
Black antenna cable will be going to the right front and white going to the left front.

I'm talking about trees and rocks blocking the communication
Honestly There is not much you can do about that. Someone suggested a relay and If you could do it that would be your best bet I think.
I lived in Germany for a few years ( Mannheim) LOVE IT! Amazing country.
Here in the U.S. the FCC forbids you to "boost" your antenna or signal strength much without a License ( a hamm radio operators works) is it the same in Germany? I ended up getting mine just so I could turn up the video transmitters in my FPV Drones.

I'm done testing, as thanks for the help here are my results:

The black and white cable are indeed the antennas.

You can connect a external antenna to it and it will improve the receiving signal. Don't expect wonders but it achieved my experiment of a directional antenna.

Interesting facts:
The drone does not really transmit and is programmed to be mainly receiving data.

If the drone loses connection, it actually starts transmitting and uses more battery to maintain the connection.

So if you fly in a area with bad connection or connection cuts, you actually get worse battery life

Was a fun experiment, thanks guys.

Reactions: Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erpator